First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
THIS ROLE IS BASED IN PUERTO RICO.
Assistant General Manager Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the dispatching, in service monitoring and turn-in activities involved in daily transit operations.
- Work with the Maintenance Manger to insure that vehicles dispatched are in proper working conditions.
- Prepare with Data analyst and verify operations payroll.
- Develop manpower requirements for Road Supervisors, Dispatchers, Operators and Service Personnel with Safety Manager.
- Coordinate operations personnel selection, recruitment with GM and training with the Safety Manager.
- Assist in developing procedure manuals for Dispatchers, Road Supervisors, Operators and Service personnel.
- Assist with preparation of annual budget.
- Monitor and evaluate Operations’ activities. Included in the evaluation of activities are the following: Vehicle on time statistics, missed runs, revenue/cost data, total work hours, total pay hours, customer compliant data, accident data, road call data, other operations related functions
- Recommends and disciplines operations, personnel.
Assistant General Manager Requirements:
- Must have knowledge of transit operations, maintenance, and administration.
- Must have good communication skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Transit!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.