For almost 100 years, Ryder has provided customers around the world with integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain management solutions that enhance the way they do business. Building and maintaining a fleet takes time, resources, and expertise few companies can spare.
We are a Fortune 500 company with 800+ locations and over 40,000 employees across the US and Canada! Employee satisfaction is part of our culture.
The Operations Management Trainee will support the shop management process and assist in cost savings, customer retention, and metric-based initiatives. This requires the Management Trainee to work cross functionally across Operations, Asset Management, Sales, Quality, and Rental.
As an Operation Management Trainee, you will participate in an intensive 18-24 month paid management program to prepare you for success in one of Ryder’s functional areas in a managerial role. Our trainees start in a customer relationship role and become involved in other operation management initiatives through on-the-job learning as well as targeted learning activities.
Salary: $48,000 to $50,000 annually
Shift: M to F, 7:00am to 3:30pm
- Weekly Pay
- Health Benefit after 30 days
- 10 days of Paid Time Off upon hire
- Annual Merit increase
- RRSP and Group Pension Plan
- Stock Options
- Friendly and dynamic working environment
- Employee perks and discounts
- Internal Opportunities for growth( potentially to be a Supervisor or Manager in 18 – 24 months)
- Responsible for the customer relationship activities by providing quality customer interface, proactive customer management, issue resolution, and customer satisfaction
- Coordinate with the rental department to ensure maximum utilization without compromising lease customers
- Partner with Sales staff on customer calls for new business and increased customer satisfaction
- Manage running costs and maintenance overheads. Ensure policy and processes are followed to optimize running costs and maintenance overhead
- Accountable for coordinating with Maintenance, Asset Management, Sales and Marketing to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensure accurate PM scheduling and follow up, breakdowns and vehicle status updates; oversee Technician work planning for efficiency, training, and flexibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1-5 years’ experience in customer service with issues resolution.
- Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Instills commitment to organizational goals
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills.
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
Should you have any questions about this job, application process etc., please feel free to contact our recruiter according to the information below:
Recruiter: Kathy Zhang:
Phone:+1 819 412 4813 ( this phone number can only receive text message or voicemail, we will reply to your message asap)
Email: nan[email protected]_
Business Hours: M to F, 8:00am to 5:00pm EST
Job Category: Operations and Support
Ryder is an equal opportunity employer. We value Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace and encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, visible minorities, aboriginals and persons with disabilities.
In accordance with our commitment to diversity and inclusion, Ryder welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment, selection, and assessment process. Should you require an accommodation, please inform the Human Resources representative of the nature of the accommodation requested so that we may discuss your needs with you. If you require assistance in order to apply please contact us at 226-213-4040.
Ryder est un employeur offrant l’équité en matière d’emploi. Nous valorisons la diversité et l’inclusion en milieu de travail et nous encourageons tous les candidats qualifiés à postuler, y compris les femmes, les minorités visibles, les autochtones et les personnes avec un handicap. (L’emploi du genre masculin dans ce texte ne se veut pas discriminatoire et n’a pour but que de l’alléger)
Conformément à son engagement envers la diversité et l’inclusion, Ryder accueille et encourage les candidatures de personnes handicapées. Des accommodements peuvent être proposés sur demande pour les candidats qui participent à toutes les sphères du processus de recrutement, de sélection et d’évaluation. Si vous nécessitez un accommodement, veuillez informer le représentant des ressources humaines de la nature de l’accommodement souhaité afin que nous puissions discuter de vos besoins avec vous. Si vous avez besoin d’assistance pour postuler, veuillez nous appeler au 226-213-4040.