Centrica Storage Limited (CSL), has an exciting new opportunity for a Production Engineer.
The key areas of this role include reservoir modelling and project support. Reservoir modelling is recognised as essential to the business to ensure that the Rough reservoir performance is modelled accurately by determining operational limits, monitoring performance, and identifying any shortfalls. Modelling is required for routine regulatory compliance activities, to fulfil contractual requirements and for project evaluation.
You will support the operation by providing reservoir production guidance and support including reservoir prediction model management and collaboration with the Wells, Finance and Operations teams. In addition, you will participate in the OGA annual Stewardship Survey in completion of the relevant regulatory stewardship report sections aligned with reservoir.
- Location: Home based & occasional visits Woodland House, Hessle (Flexible Working)
- Salary: Competitive + Bonus + Generous Company Benefits
- Maintaining an effective asset capability forecasting interface with Operations to ensure the Petex MBAL reservoir model is maintained
- Carry out modelling to meet the requirements of the business working closely with the Finance team such as GFF (Group Financial Forecasts) and strategy scenarios
- Monitoring the WGR (Water Gas Ratio) to act as an early indication of any potential water break through
- Supporting the operational team with cyclic well performance monitoring and implementing improvement plans
- Determining the WMPP (well maximum production potential) and provide as an input into the Loss Reporting process
- Supporting the Production Optimization Manager with subsurface operational issues
- Assist with technical requests from the Wells and Reservoir TA on an ad hoc basis
- Review the potential to incorporate a topsides Hysys model with the reservoir Petex MBAL model (or via other Petex IPM’s) for end-to-end asset optimisation
- Participating in the OGA annual Stewardship Survey in completion of the relevant regulatory stewardship report sections aligned with production performance
- Provide input into the next phases of storage for Rough
Work Experience & Technical skills
- At least 5 years’ experience of production engineering within the oil and gas or associated major accident hazard process industries
- Desirable skills:
- Production engineering experience in an operations support role
- Modelling experience in the use of Petroleum Experts software or equivalent
- Considerable IS skills in the use of Windows, OSIsoft, Microsoft applications including Excel and PI
- Competent in the use of Petex MBAL software
- Previous experience of an asset decommissioning process would be useful but not essential
- Educated to degree level in Petroleum/ Reservoir Engineering or a relevant technical subject
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to demonstrate agility to manage changing priorities and plan to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to troubleshoot model issues as they arise
- Skilled in the application of modelling processes
- Job holder must possess excellent communication skills and demonstrate their ability to foster wider relationships within Centrica and third parties
- Well-developed planning and organisational ability
- The ability to act with authority, demonstrate leadership skills and maintain the high standard of the team
- Able to apply HSE principles across all technical activities
At Centrica we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. To build a more sustainable future, we need the best team – a team with a diverse mix of people and skills, where everyone feels welcome and able to succeed. We are dedicated in helping to close the diversity gap and would love to see more females, people of colour and LGBTQ+ employees, as well as those from a variety of cultures and ethnicity to veterans and the differently abled. Supporting diversity and inclusion is a big part of who we are, we are not looking for people to fit into our culture but to add to it!
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the ‘Apply‘ button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.