This role’s everything you’d expect of a customer-facing position for Microsoft in one of the world’s prime retail locations. This position is based in the Microsoft Experience Store in Oxford Circus, London. As a Customer Sales Advisor you’ll engage a broad range of customers to understand how technology solutions can help them achieve their goals or solve a need, identifies and solves customer issues. You’ll drives cross-sell and solution sales goals, present products and solutions that empower enterprise customers through exploratory journeys (e.g., demonstrations, workshops).
The Microsoft Experience Centre is a place where customers can experience the best of Microsoft, get technical support for all the MS Products (X-box, Surface, O365) where we strive to provide the best customer experience & solution for you, your family, business or school.
In addition, you’ll at times deliver advanced product support and training catered to each customer’s needs, proactively identifying lead generation when discovering potential partnership, independently convert interactions into sales leads, and leverages the broader Microsoft Experience Center (MEC) team to close the sale.
Operating in four countries across 40+ Hub locations, Microsoft Store Direct Sales and Support serves small and medium businesses, educators, and consumers through personalized sales, end-to-end solutions, customer success training, and on-demand virtual support.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- Completed High School OR apprenticeship program
- Proven retail sales experience – Sales through service
Please note that all candidates must be based in the United Kingdom to be considered for this position
- Tenaciously pursues positive outcomes when helping customers by leveraging resources and a moderate technical acumen to provide solutions and solve customer issues (e.g., troubleshooting software problems, upgrading devices to latest release, ensuring a seamless transition).
- Engages a broad range of customers to understand how technology solutions can help them achieve their goals or solve a need. Explains the Microsoft Experience Center (MEC) / Employee Company Store (ECS) value proposition to customers. Drives cross-sell and solution sales goals in the MEC/ECS.
- Conducts customer tours of the MEC/ECS and/or Microsoft Visitor’s Center in a professional, passionate manner, to encourage and drive brand awareness. Assists in facilitating public and private events held on location, in coordination with Microsoft partners.
- Works across all Microsoft products and services (e.g., cloud, consumer, Gaming, Very Small Businesses) to consult with customers to understand technical issues, unique customer needs, how devices are used and the environment to propose complete solutions and/or solve issues to rebuild relationships with customers.
- In the MEC, works in the Answer Desk, troubleshooting software and hardware problems, upgrading and repairing devices, completing customer appointments showcasing Microsoft’s products and services.
- Completes all required training and obtains relevant product and role certifications aligned to the role and industry. Proactively asks for help and is open to feedback and coaching from managers and teammates. Seeks essential knowledge (e.g., additional products, MEC/ECS areas) of sales techniques and Microsoft products.
- Shares customer insights, stories, learnings and provides customer and available-solutions feedback in team standups and online communication channels.
Influencing for Impact
- Builds and maintains well-rounded knowledge of Microsoft products and services by learning through others along with self-education and role play while articulating Microsoft’s value proposition to customers. Encourages peers to maintain their current knowledge of Microsoft products and services.
- Engages with peers and leaders to drive and execute innovative ways to make a larger impact in our customers lives and deliver business impact. Executes strategies from senior management.
- Uses fundamental product knowledge and value proposition to humanize and customize the delivery of Microsoft solutions. Positions products favorably in light of Microsoft’s brand and current key differentiators within the market in relation to competitors to further drive sales. Shares features and benefits through live demonstrations and storytelling of Microsoft devices and services.
- Maintains the organization, flow, and appearance of the back-of-house floor. Adjusts aisles and layout as necessary to manage influx in products, house new product lines, or adjust to seasonal demands. Maintains sales-floor merchandising standards of in-stock products. Stocks and replenishes products on the floor. Checks price changes and re-stickers items as needed to ensure accuracy. Runs products from back of house out to customers or sales associates. Follows direction from store leadership and visuals team regarding new displays. Works with other team members to set new displays prior to launch.
- Ability to learn and use Microsoft’s D365 inventory system. Ensuring inventory integrity and accuracy when performing inventory administrative duties.
- Adheres to all compliance requirements, including but not limited to operational policies and procedures, device handling, and personal data policies.