Are you interested in new technology and have an electrical, mechanical, or hydraulics background? Do you enjoy working with your hands and bringing solutions to technical problems? We are looking for a Service Technician in Newtown. At Vestas, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills together with the global presence within wind energy and contribute to a greener world.
Does it sound interesting? Do not wait! Apply for the role and join our journey with Vestas’ team in Darly, UK!
The Service department is responsible for the service and maintenance of the wind farms within the UK and Ireland. The department has an open and informal culture, where teamwork and good communication is the key to our benefit. You will have the opportunity to work in an exciting industry and in a team of highly motivated employees.
- The requirement is to develop a detailed knowledge of our wind turbines to enable you to perform daily maintenance and repairs and other field service-related tasks.
- Working to the highest safety and environmental standards whilst ensuring that service targets are met, you will be part of a team of service technicians working throughout the region.
- This is a regional-based role and so travel throughout the region is to be expected.
- Place of living in South West Scotland – Dalry area.
- Supporting other regions if required by the business.
- Other responsibilities may also be to carry out periodic service inspections in accordance with Vestas’s specifications together with component replacement (both electrical and mechanical) and troubleshooting on the systems
- experience with a mechanical, electrical, or electronics background, with good solid evidence of problem-solving and fault finding.
- formal qualification in at least one of the above or have served an apprenticeship.
- full, clean driving license
- The ability to work at a height of 100 meters and in adverse weather conditions
- Innovative problem-solving and fault-finding skills
- Experience of a team working, a positive approach, being self-motivated and well organized
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- An appropriate understanding of, and commitment to, the highest standard of health & safety in the work environment
- A good level of computer literacy
- Previous accreditation as an AT/CT under WTSR would be advantageous.
What we offer:
We offer the chance to work as the global leader in sustainable energy, with the training and development to match. Every day will be different, you will never stop learning and growing professionally and personally and it will give you a chance to work with some skilled colleagues both locally and further afield. We offer an attractive benefits package including private healthcare, private dental care, eye care, and a pension scheme with 25 days of annual holiday plus statutory bank holidays.
This role will operate from our service base in Dalry, Ayrshire, UK
During the work could appear to travel across the region and the UK to support other regions if required by the business.
If the above matches your field of interest and qualifications, please apply online as soon as possible – by the latest 30.06.2023.
We conduct ongoing interviews and close the position once the right person has been found.
All inquiries are treated confidentially.
Please note: We amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including before the advertised closing date.