- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Design, or equivalent practical experience.
- 1 year of experience with designing and implementing user interfaces (UIs).
- 1 year of experience with development or prototyping.
- Ability to demonstrate conceptual ideas and design rationale.
- Excellent leadership, communication, project management, and organizational skills.
About the job
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.” Google’s UX Engineers are versatile and passionate about taking on new problems to drive progress and vision for design teams. They’re comfortable wearing many hats and get excited about working across discipline lines to develop products and prototypes that bring new ideas to life.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them, and for Google’s businesses.
As a UX Engineer, you’ll work as part of a UX team in a challenging, fast-paced environment. You’ll demonstrate your creativity, analytical skills, and knowledge of user facing technologies to create prototypes that identify the best product experiences, launch innovative features, build tools that accelerate UX teams, bridge between design and engineering discussions, and enable efficient, high quality execution.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $99,000-$144,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Work closely with UX designers and researchers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to prototype versatile solutions to tough UX/UI problems and prove or disprove experiential hypotheses.
- Develop different types of prototypes to support user studies across the development cycle, particularly in early stages of conceptual design.
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what browsers and devices can do.
- Explore and communicate best practices for the front-ends of user-facing AI-driven products.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.