Chit Chats’ vision is to help Canadians deliver their goods to the world with postage at unbelievable prices. We are a fast growing entrepreneurial company making a huge impact to Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses. As ecommerce removes borders, we don’t want high Canadian postal rates to be a barrier to world commerce. We aim to remove these physical and financial restraints to create a seamless, borderless and boundless world of opportunity for Canadians.If you relate with being Caring, Curious and Cheerful; we are looking forward to having you onboard!
As our Driver, you are responsible for transporting client shipments safely and in a timely manner while following MTO regulations and maintaining safety precautions for self and company vehicles.
- Safely transport client shipments on time
- Safely operate company vehicles
- Conduct inspection of vehicles for mechanical operation and/or safety issues
- Review and Report daily/weekly/Monthly maintenance
- Immediately report defects/safety issues/maintenance needs, accidents or violations
- Document and log work/rest periods in accordance with regulatory requirements and/or company policies.
- Comply with laws/ regulations as well as with company policies and procedures
- Load and unload vehicles as required
- Collect and verify delivery instructions and shipment manifest
- Ensure pick up and delivery are done timely and efficient manner
- Communicate delays with the dispatch officer in a timely manner
- Use Chit Chats platform and other technology deemed necessary by the company to complete the trip.
- Work with supporting departments, such as compliance, branch staff,& warehouse staff in order to successfully complete trips.
- Must possess a valid drivers license and maintain it during the course of employment
- Minimum three years commercial experience driving
- Clean CVOR (must report any major infractions at time of hire).
- Working knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, mechanical failure, weather conditions, etc.)
- Capacity for rapport and relationship building with supporting departments, partners and Border Officials
- Willing to submit to background/drug checks as required and provide employment recommendations
Additional Details –
We thank you for your application, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
As a federally regulated employer, Chit Chats Express fully supports the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified members of the designated groups to apply.
Chit Chats is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you are contacted by us regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you have any restrictions that need to be accommodated. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
- Class 1 safety shoes required (green triangle patch).
- This is a full-time, permanent position.
Why work with us:
Perks at Chit Chats
Be inspired and grow
Chit Chats started off as a family business and today has expanded with multiple locations across Canada. We’re eager to rise to challenges that come with a growing business. At Chit Chats, challenges translate into opportunities for our employees to develop their own professional experience. (Opportunities to cross train, apply to internal vacancies)