Located in the historic Hudson’s Bay building in downtown Calgary, The Guild is open for all-day dining, drinks and private events. Spanning two floors and featuring one of Calgary’s largest patios, The Guild is a nod to the guildhalls of the past, which served as meeting places for artists and merchants.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation, sick, and personal days
- Gratuity sharing
- Health, Dental and Visions benefits with Enhanced Mental Health Coverage
- Discounted gym membership and Employee Assistance Program
- Group Life & Disability Insurance
- Management Uniform/ Clothing Reimbursement
- Monthly dining allowance for all O&B and Freehand locations
- 50% Dining Discount for all O&B and Freehand locations
- RRSP Matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- O&B is one of Canada’s largest hospitality companies with many internal career opportunities. We have restaurants, food halls, and catering teams in Alberta, Ontario, Quebec, and Nova Scotia.
You will be part of an extraordinary and exciting company, heavily involved many aspects the restaurant including building and encouraging high performing teams, upholding our tried and true ( or Sought after set of systems and procedures) set of systems and procedures while working closely with your FOH and BOH Teams. You’ll bring compelling ownership and vision each day; continuing to set our restaurants apart while maintaining a warm, welcoming and rave worthy guest experience.
The Day to Day:
- You enthusiastically communicate the restaurants vision to all team members and leads by example.
- You embody the O&B values daily and inspires the team with his/her exciting vision for the future
- You’re able to regularly monitors and achieves the O&B points of technical service and points of details
- Your strong suit is building and maintaining relationships with guests, team members and senior management alike. You inspire the team to go above and beyond!
- You understand how to create, foster and maintain a rave worthy bar program.
- You have high personal integrity, business ethics and take every opportunity to promote the restaurant
- You’ve got a keen eye for talent and conduct, as well as coach your mangers on recruitment selection, training and development initiatives as well as performance management and employee coaching
- You apply and uses conflict resolution and problem solving skills and inspire others to do the same
- You’ve got a savvy business acumen and are able to report to the Director of Operations with accurate sales, invoicing, payroll, employee records and inventory management
- You conduct and also coach your management team to host well informed briefings with service staff prior to each function or service
- You have a strong grasp of service and business needs and schedule accordingly
- You have a minimum of 5 years progressive management experience within the hospitality industry
- Actively seeking a more efficient way of doing things
- You’re able to strive to hit goals and challenge yourself and your team with new goals
- You appreciate working collaboratively with a team, recognizing we are stronger together
- You’ll impress up with your impeccable attention to detail and ability to quickly think on your feet
- You’re looking to grow with us and soak in all the (optional) education opportunities we offer
Oliver & Bonacini’s Diversity Commitment
At Oliver & Bonacini Hospitality, we are committed to treating every employee with dignity and respect. We strive to be fair and just, and create working environments where our employees can be at their best.
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **