As the Head Chef, you will be responsible for the overall success of our kitchen’s operations. This includes overseeing day-to-day activities, managing kitchen staff, and executing high-quality farm-to-table dishes with a nose-to-tail mentality.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
In collaboration with the owner, determining the restaurant’s culinary strategy, including setting targets and goals, and establishing kitchen policies, standards, and protocols.
Creating globally inspired menus and recipes that reflect the restaurant’s farm-to-table and nose-to-tail cooking mentality.
Overseeing day-to-day operations of the kitchen, including coordinating activities, monitoring operating standards, ensuring sanitation protocols are upheld, and enforcing compliance with all food safety standards and procedures.
Managing kitchen staff by determining work schedules, delegating tasks, evaluating performance, and providing ongoing mentorship and training.
Estimating daily production needs, and communicating needs to kitchen staff.
Tracking and controlling food costs, and managing kitchen budget.
Monitoring supply inventories, making purchases, overseeing deliveries, and building and maintaining relationships with suppliers.
Maintaining kitchen equipment and reporting malfunctions to the owner.
Preparing and cooking dishes for regular service and special events.
Inspecting dishes to ensure they meet the restaurant’s high-quality standards and exceed customer satisfaction.
Exercising authority over the hiring, training, promotion, discipline and termination of all kitchen staff.
Knowledge and Skills
· Diploma in Culinary Arts, Culinary Management or a related field.
· 8+ years of combined training and experience in the trade of cooking.
· 5+ years of professional experience as a Head Chef, with kitchen management responsibilities.
· Prior experience creating recipes and preparing dishes for a global menu, including at least 2 of the following cuisines: North American, European and/or Mediterranean.
· Prior experience creating recipes and preparing dishes using a farm-to-table approach, and cooking nose-to-tail.
· Demonstrated leadership skills, with prior experience building, training and growing teams.
· Strong financial management skills, with a proven ability to control costs.
· Effective interpersonal and communication skills, with problem solving abilities.
· Ability to work well under pressure, in a fast paced environment.
· Must be able to work extended hours during peak-season.