STEMCELL is looking for a highly motivated scientist interested in an alternative to the traditional academic career path. Join our team of Scientists Helping Scientists and build a stable and rewarding scientific career in a fast-paced, dynamic, and creative environment.
Working within the RND UK team, you’ll initiate and support the early planning stages of product development. By pairing an innovative approach with your deep technical knowledge and hands-on expertise in cell line engineering, protein expression systems, and higher compliance regulations, you’ll drive the development of novel products and technologies that help advance scientific discovery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the assigned product line(s), including performance criteria, research and quality design, product launch, and technical support
- Use field-specific knowledge to propose new products, and apply creative approaches to generate intellectual property and perform competitor analysis
- Independently identify areas of improvement, escalate to resolution, and generate 1-5 year product development plans
- Build collaborative relationships with colleagues across tissue teams and departments, and demonstrate ability to adapt communication style to specific audience and situation
- Serve as a scientific ambassador of the company to promote the STEMCELL brand and mission
Knowledge and Qualifications
- In-depth knowledge, skills, and expertise equivalent to a PhD in biochemistry, biology or relevant life sciences field, with 1-5 years postdoc or industry experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge and expertise of protein expression systems, particularly the microbial (E.coli) systems, with knowledge of regulatory guidelines and GMP-compliant protein production processes an asset
- Expertise in the purification, characterization and analysis of diverse protein types using multiple chromatographic methods including ion exchange, affinity chromatography, and size exclusion chromatography
- Proficient in independent experimental design, execution, and data analysis, as well as preparing scientific documents and delivery of presentations
- Knowledge of technical methodologies of the relevant scientific field and ability to learn and apply scientific knowledge to a new field and contribute to scientific discussions
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.