JOHN ABBOTT COLLEGE
has the following anticipated vacancies
for the Fall 2023 semester
DISCIPLINE: BIOLOGY (101)
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Regular full-time contract spread over 2 semesters (available post/poste disponible) for the 2023-2024 academic year leading to possible tenure.
AREA OF EXPERTISE: To teach Biology courses to students enrolled in pre-university and/or professional programs.
- Master’s or equivalent* degree in Biology
- A Master’s degree in a related field may be considered
- Several years of related teaching experience at the post-secondary level preferred
- Ability to collaborate within a departmental team to achieve common objectives
- Excellent English communication skills essential
- A basic understanding of climate change and its biological consequences will be considered an asset
- Candidates should have the willingness to acquire knowledge of climate change causes, impacts, implications, and ways to effectively respond and to reflect this appropriately in their teaching
- Equivalent establishes a general comparison between two official education systems
Internal non-permanent applicants with acquired seniority have priority for this posting; however, qualified external candidates are encouraged to apply as the College conducts interviews when there are no internal priority applicants.