JOHN ABBOTT COLLEGE
has the following anticipated vacancies
for the Fall 2023 semester
DISCIPLINE: SPANISH (607)
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Regular full-time contract spread over 2 semesters (available post/poste disponible) for the 2023-2024 academic year leading to possible tenure.
AREA OF EXPERTISE: To teach Spanish as a second language to students enrolled in pre-university and/or professional programs.
- BA degree in Spanish, or native or near-native fluency, AND a degree in one of these areas:
- Master’s degree or equivalent* in Hispanic/Spanish Literature, Teaching Spanish as a Second/Foreign Language, Comparative Literature (with Hispanic/Spanish Literature as one of the two comparative points), Linguistics (with a thesis on a Hispanic/Spanish subject), Comparative Linguistics (with a thesis on a Hispanic/Spanish subject) or in a related field that encompasses the Spanish language and/or Hispanic/Spanish culture.
- Related teaching experience at the post-secondary level preferred
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate within a departmental team to achieve common objectives
- Fluency in both English and Spanish
- Equivalent establishes a general comparison between two official education systems
Internal non-permanent applicants with acquired seniority have priority for this posting; however, qualified external candidates are encouraged to apply as the College conducts interviews when there are no internal priority applicants.