Business Operations Manager
- Location: Hybrid opportunity, Head Office Haymarket Sydney
- Ongoing opportunity
- Salary Grade Clerk, 11/12 $134,411 – $155,445 + Superannuation and leave loading
This role will take responsibility for the organisation of the Digital.NSW showcase and will provide key administration and business operations support and management to ICT Digital Sourcing team.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Act as the primary point of contact for the Executive Director, maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and effectively manage and resolves emerging issues with minimal risk to the organisation.
- Act as a reference point for Executive Director inquiries, collect and analyse incoming information, and develop recommendations to ensure that the Executive Director is aware of emergent and sensitive issues.
- Oversee the executive correspondence activity, briefing notes, submissions and reports, ensuring timely and accurate information and responses.
- Provide strategic and operational advice to ensure the accuracy and cogency of proposed advice and recommendations; adherence to deadlines and undertake quality control.
- Assume overall responsibility for the successful end to end delivery of the Digital.NSW Showcase, including managing a third party event management organisation.
- End to end event management and logistics for the Digital.NSW Showcase – ensuring that all projects run to time; that all stakeholders are communicated with in a timely and professional manner and that no detail is left to chance. From initial briefing, through the planning and execution on site, to final evaluation, as well as manage all logistics and suppliers within necessary timeframes and budget.
- Speaker liaison and supplier management for the Digital.NSW Showcase – re-confirming speaker and session details and coordinating AV requirements and clear communication and negotiation with venues, AV production, design and print.
- Professional communication – confidence in written and verbal communication with stakeholders at all levels.
- Provide support to the Executive Director and Directors.
To be successful in this role you will be an experienced EA / Project Officer with prior experience managing large events with thousands of attendees, as well as demonstrable experience in providing operational support to an executive team including critical communications and engagements with internal and external stakeholders. You are highly organised, detail focused and thrive on working in a busy, complex environment with competing priorities. You have strong stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to foster effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
For more information on the role see the Role Description here.
We can’t wait to meet you
Applying is easy! If this sounds like the role for you, please submit your resume and a cover letter for review.
Closing date: Thursday, 20 July @ 9:59am
Working at Department of Customer Service
The Department of Customer Service (DCS) is a great place to work! Our values of accountability, trust, service, and integrity drive our initiatives and culture. We support innovative programs in areas as broad as digital government, consumer protection and major public works. We are an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and flexible work practices and believe our people are our greatest asset. Visit our Careers site to find out what it means to work for us.
Benefits of working for DCS
- Accrued flexible leave
- Hybrid working options- flexibility to work from home and office
- Generous leave entitlements including up to 14 weeks parental leave
- Access to health and well-being programs including Fitness Passport
- Competitive pay and conditions
You Belong Here
We are committed to diversity, inclusion, and new ways of working. We have 8 million+ reasons to care and want our employees to represent the communities that we serve. You can view our full diversity and inclusion statement here. We want you to bring your best self to this application process. If you feel you may require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please contact our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team via [email protected] or 02 9494 8351.
Information on some of the different types of disabilities: https://www.nds.org.au/disability-types-and-descriptions
Information on adjustments available for the recruitment process: https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/adjustments-for-individual-needs.