We are looking for a highly motivated Construction Manager to support the Supercharger deployment team in Australia & New Zealand. The Construction Manager will oversee multiple construction projects and enforce budget, timeline, fit, finish, and safety requirements. A get-it-done mentality for all situations is expected.
What You’ll Do
- Build the world-class Supercharger sites in an efficient and cost effective manner
- Provide feedback to the deployment, development, and engineering team on how to design equipment and sites for better/faster/cheaper site builds
- Coordinate the timely processing and approvals of all design drawings to and from subcontractors and consultants
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders, sharing relevant designs & guides, issuing Purchase Orders & Change Orders etc.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and written; Prepare weekly construction reports with photos, scheduling, etc.
- Expedite project close-out requirements including sign offs, commissioning, as-built drawings, final project photos, etc.
- Maintain a high level of productivity; Balance a large number of concurrent tasks; Effectively prioritize efforts
- Foresee necessary work, and organize and disseminate information as needed; Maintain project schedules
What You’ll Bring
- Any education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Electrical Trades, Engineering, Architecture or a related subject and 3+ years of increasingly responsible estimating and project management experience, or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- Thorough understanding of construction administration processes, including contracts, budgets, construction documents, change orders, schedules, RFIs, submittals, and material procurement
- Advanced knowledge of construction means and methods
- Execution focused – proven ability to achieve or improve project deadlines and milestones
- Understanding of AC and DC power, transformers, circuit protection, single-line electrical and mechanical diagrams, civil works and construction drawings
- Must have the ability to discuss technical topics with a variety of audiences – contractors, engineers, and members of various divisions within Tesla
- Available for extensive travel, often on short notice
- Must have valid driver’s license