Project: Rail and sponsored services. This opportunity is permanent and starting in July 2023. Please click to Apply.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the safe and successful delivery of the projects site works under his/her management, from the commencement on site to handover and completion.
- Supporting the construction manager when he/she is delivering their specific outputs and responsibilities.
- Planning and managing works of all disciplines to ensure compliance with the relevant standards, safety plans, ACOPs etc.
- Managing external and internal contractors/suppliers to deliver the works safely and within programme and budget.
- Investigating reported site construction and Installation concerns from internal/external customers, the public, statutory undertakers, adjacent property owners etc. and implementing driven actions to satisfy the safety case and promote good PR.
- Responding to emergencies involving construction and Installation works, evaluating the problems, liaising, and advising and implementing agreed remedial works to minimise adverse consequences to the business.
- Examining options to address deficiencies in asset condition and making recommendations to fulfil the business needs.
- Responsible for delivery of health and safety on site by the contractors.
- Maintaining a contract and project control systems to monitor works, programmes and costs. produce daily shift reports
- Maintaining daily contact with staff to ensure activities are co-ordinated and requirements of TfL customers met. Attending regular formal performance meetings with all parties to ensure all issues are being tackled and formulate report to construction manager.
- Ensuring that the TfL and industry standards are applied consistently so that quality of outputs is maintained.
- Liaison with contractors site management to ensure effective co-ordination of works, projects, inspections and investigations.
- Liaising with internal and external parties to ensure that safety and asset health of is not compromised and maintenance provision has been addressed in connection with other projects. Monitoring that site staff is technically sound and are trained as necessary in health and safety legislation.
You have site management/supervision experience, with a successful track record in managing multi-disciplined (with a focus on signalling) sites relevant to the role undertaken. You have sufficient knowledge and experience to handle contractual issues competently and specialist knowledge to ensure safety in the railway environment. You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams.
For further information on this opportunity please contact Becky Wiggs in our Recruitment Team