The job will be based at Russells Hall Hospital and most of the direct clinical activity will take place there. In addition, contribution to the MDT process will be expected, involving collaboration with interventional colleagues and Cardiac Surgeons at the Wolverhampton Heart and Lung Centre. If the successful candidate has an interest in heart failure, there is an expectation that you will supervise the community heart failure team and have at least one community session, as well as partaking in the weekly heart failure MDT.
- Consultant duties in the Specialty of Cardiology. To provide a wide range of high-quality general cardiology services to the local population
- Working collaboratively with colleagues to further develop and improve all other aspects of General Cardiology
- Participation in 1:8 Cardiology on-call rota
- Assessment and investigation of emergency and elective patients.
- Implementation of Chest Pain Assessment and Heart Failure pathways within the Trust and protocols agreed across The Black Country Cardiovascular Network (ACS, STEMI, PPCI)
- Administrative duties as required within the Directorate
- Provision of care for colleagues’ leave
- Participation in clinical audit and CME/CPD appropriate to experience at Consultant level, together with contribution to education and training of medical students and junior staff
- Professional management and supervision of medical and nursing staff, and physiologists where required
- Attendance at Directorate, Clinical Governance, District, Network and Regional meetings if required
At the Dudley Group our patients and staff are at the heart of all that we do to offer a high-quality patient experience in a caring and supportive environment. This aligns with our vision of providing safe, caring and effective services because people matter.
This is an opportunity to join an NHS organisation that inspires its staff to innovate, with support and encouragement to continually develop. We expect all of our staff to demonstrate the Trust values of Care, Respect and Responsibility.
We believe healthcare is better when provided by supported and dedicated staff, so if you are innovative, forward thinking and dedicated to high quality patient care come and join our amazing team.
At the Dudley Group everyone is welcome, please ensure you have read our Recruitment Equality Statement included in the advert.
Please refer to the attached job description for full details of the main duties and responsibilities that the post holder is required to undertake.
The Job Description is pending Royal collage approval