In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day and we need you as a Data Center Inventory & Asset Technician (Logistics Technician).
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I DIAT, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft’s online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform. As a group, CO+I is focused on the personal and professional development of all employees and offers trainings and opportunities including Career Rotation Programs, Diversity & Inclusion trainings and events, and professional certifications.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Do you want to empower billions across the world? Come and join us in CO+I and be at the forefront of the action!
What skills do you need to have?
There will be many opportunities for you to learn and grow into this role and Microsoft. However, to be able to best deliver on the purpose of this role, these are the core skills and experiences you should have on day one:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience supporting Inventory Control, Logistics, or Warehouse Management
- Desire to learn, grow, and develop new technical skills
- Ability to support frequent standing, walking, lifting, and working at heights with or without equipment assistance.
- Able to communicate effectively multiple stakeholders.
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of Australian Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Security Clearance Assessment: This position may require an enhanced background check conducted through the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency.
Team Culture and Support
Microsoft believes that by investing in our people and creating an inclusive environment, our team will do their best work. We offer a wide range of supportive benefits such as coaching and mentoring programs and up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave. We encourage you to ask about our flexible working options and how we can support your career. See our complete list of benefits and why we are recognised as an Endorsed Employer for Women by WORK180. Microsoft Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
Your Onboarding Process
Microsoft provides extensive world class onboarding & readiness designed to help you extend your existing technical skills. You’ll attend an in-depth onboarding program designed to help you become a technical expert.
Even if you feel you may not meet 100% of the criteria, please apply. You may exceed your own expectations, or we may have another opportunity that suits your potential. Our recruitment process is not perfect, but we will try our best to help you feel heard and supported throughout the experience.
We will contact you once we’ve received your application. In the meantime, please see our FAQs, Interview Tips and Accessibility Support on our Careers site for more information on our recruitment process.
The purpose of this role
As a Datacenter Logistics Technician, you’ll be responsible for the logistics and movement of various materials, inventory management and performing destruction of any data bearing devices. You’ll also perform regular audits to ensure inventory controls are met.
The Impact You’ll Be Making
- Maintain accurate documentation of incoming and outgoing deliveries.
- Perform regular audits of datacenter equipment to ensure inventory controls are met.
- Movement of equipment using pallet jacks or other assisted lifting equipment.
- Work within a ticket-based environment.
- Perform destruction of data bearing devices (ex. Hard drives, solid state drives, etc.).
- Perform material movement, including shipping/receiving and inventory management.