Ask any Wilko team member about us and the first thing they would mention is the people. Passionate people who encourage, care and respect each other, pulling together to keep Wilko a much-loved high-street name by being better every day and ensuring we always inject some fun along the way. We appreciate our team members and the value they add to our business.
We are looking for an enthusiastic team member to join our Logistics team as a Forklift Truck Driver based at our Distribution Centre in Worksop. The contracted hours for this role will be 37.5 hours per week, 5 days over 7. The shift pattern is working from 6 am to 2 pm and 2 pm to 10 pm, alternating.
You’ll receive a generous benefits package that includes:
- Competitive rate of pay: £12.63 per hour, paid weekly
- 20% discount in our stores and online with a second card for another member of your household
- Additional shifts are available, with competitive pay rates
- Annual bonus scheme
- 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays) rising to 38 after 10 years service
- Pension scheme
- Full training provided on the Warehouse Management system / MHE training
- A fantastic selection of Apprenticeships available and career development opportunities both in the DC and in the wider business
- Free parking and hot drinks
- Close proximity to the A1
As a Forklift Truck Driver within our Distribution Centre, you will be able to work under your own initiative and have good communication skills. You will display qualities such as enthusiasm, motivation and a passion for your work. It is desirable that you hold a forklift truck qualification, however, if not already held full training will be given.
Taking huge pride in what you do, your role will involve:
- Ensuring the accurate movement and recording of stock within the Service Centre
- To remove empty pallets from the designated locations, as discovered during the daily operation to approved locations
- To maintain fork trucks in clean and safe working order at all times.
- To operate trucks in a safe and efficient manner, with due regard to the safety of other staff in the building.
- Working at height is also an essential part of the role.
- Prompt & safe replenishment of palletised & case replenishment stock to pick locations & areas.
- Any other DC duties as required.
If you value hard work, having fun and want to be part of a happy environment that people love to work in, you’ll be well-rewarded for it. You’ll receive a really generous benefits package that includes 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays) rising to 38 after 10 years’ service, a pension scheme, apprenticeship schemes and team member and family discounts of 20% plus much more.
- An additional 23p per hour is attached to the rate of pay which is a supplement until 1st October 2023
We want you to be yourself here at Wilko. We welcome applications from everyone and actively seek to build talented diverse teams at our Support Centre, Retail Stores and Distribution Centres. If you’re invited to an interview with us, we can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.