At HCF, our purpose is to bring our human touch to healthcare. Since 1932 we’ve been putting our members and their health first. As Australia’s largest not-for-profit health fund, we cover over 1.7 million members with health, life, travel, and pet insurance and our vision is to make healthcare understandable, affordable, high quality, and member-centric.
HCF is embarking on a 3-year transformation journey designed to fast-track our 2025 strategic objectives. Project Evolve is responsible for delivering initiatives spanning business and technology teams leveraging agile practices to deliver exceptional member, employee, and partner experiences and outcomes.
About the role
This role exists to perform all aspects of programming for assigned projects in order to develop, enhance or maintain software applications for HCF
Please note this is a max term contract of up to 24 months.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Conducts analysis to determine system requirements and system impacts for new or enhanced applications in order to plan and provide estimates for development tasks
- Determines development approach options and recommends the most effective approach in UI development with reuse and modular development in consideration
- Engages with business users, business/technical analysts, solution architects, and others to understand needs and requirements for project and maintenance development tasks
- Designs and codes quality programs of all levels of complexity in alignment with business requirements and solution architecture for project and maintenance activities
- Conducts unit testing, support during system testing and implementation activities for difficult and complex programs
- Provides input to the programming practices and standards to ensure these are up-to-date and of a high-quality standard
- Ability to understand business requirements and visual / UX designs to frame a development approach and task plan
- Ability to prepare a frontend development task plan and estimates based on business requirements and visual designs
- Experienced in Java Scripts, JQuery, and Angular JS libraries (1.x/2.x) and frameworks and has the ability to apply these frameworks in project requirements for front-end development
To be successful in the role you will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field gained through 8 or more years of experience in a similar development environment
- Significant knowledge of object-oriented programming, applying SOLID principles and design patterns
- Excellent knowledge of system development lifecycle methodologies including agile
- Proven track record in integration and development of distributed software applications including cloud-based applications
About 3 – 5 years of expertise in application development including:
- Experienced in HTML5, CSS3, LESS
- Ability to develop frontend screens of different viewports from the ground up
- Working with web services/REST, web architectures including SEO, mobile web considerations, and responsive web design
- Source control management tools, such as TFS, GIT, Stash, Grunt
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Excellent knowledge of system development lifecycle methodologies in Agile delivery, practices, and SCRUM methodology
- Design and build components, templates, and screens using front-end templating techniques such as Handlebars
- Ability to work in frontend-based build pipeline using Grunt / Gulp and TFS or any other build tools
Working in the health insurance industry, we know how important it is to prioritize the well-being of our own people. We want to provide you with the skills and tools you need to support your well-being journey so that you can be at your best.
We’re all about creating a fantastic people experience, guided by our values so that we can in turn better deliver for our members. We work with our people to create a work experience that is inclusive, supportive, safe, and respectful so we can do the best for our members.
Come and join our HCF team!
- Up to 50% discount on health coverage, pet & travel insurance
- Family & Friends Day
- Organizational-wide Recognition & Rewards program
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives
A Career with Us – How to Apply
Please check out our website at https://www.hcf.com.au/about-us/careers