As the Working and Learning Company, we at Staples Canada, are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that’s you, let’s work, learn and grow together.
We are building an inclusive and diverse team
Staples Canada is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Some of what you do
As the General Manager, you’re responsible for enabling our work, learn, and grow culture; for our customers and associates. You model and nurture a customer centric culture built on connecting, sharing, and partnering to help our customers achieve their working and learning goals. You inspire our customers, associates and community; delivering financial results and achieving operational excellence. You foster an environment in which associates develop skills and knowledge, and where they feel engaged and empowered.
- Provide leadership and shape the customer centric culture at the store.
- Build your community network and nurture the customer experience.
- Lead referral-based business development to grow sales and customer loyalty.
- Develop and execute SolutionShop (printing, digital marketing, shipping and tech services) business development strategies.
- Drive and encourage team for referral-based business development
- Provide team leadership through hiring, onboarding, coaching and development
- Manage costs and meet all operational and financial metrics.
- Manage and inspire the overall operational excellence and customer experience for your store. This includes overseeing all legislative and compliance standards are maintained.
- Oversee asset protection procedures, privacy standards and drive compliance.
- Participate in district and regional initiatives, projects and meetings to learn and grow in your role as a leader.
- Act as an agile change leader, embracing change and owning the change and communication plans to ensure successful execution.
- Lead a culture of engagement through ongoing learning, talent development, succession planning and the use of the performance management processes in the store.
- Ensure that a clean and safe environment is always top-of-mind, keeping the safety of yourself, your team, and our customers as a key priority.
Some of what you need
- 5 years of Retail Management experience (as a general manager or any other sector focused on customer experience)
- Proven track record of achieving customer service excellence and driving sales results, while maintaining positive team culture
- Focus on building partnerships and community
- Advance-level in communication, able to inspire and lead a team
- Comfort with technology
- Be a dynamic, inspiring partner to our customers and for our associates
- Solutions Finder
Some of what you will get
- Associate discount
- Health and Dental benefits
- Performance bonuses
- Learning & Development programs
- And more…
- This role works in a retail store environment involving fast paced and some moderate physical aspects to the role in merchandising. This role involves walking for the majority of the day.
- We’ll also ask you to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends.
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.