General Practitioner( Full time, Part Time and Locum Opportunities available )
Job Reference No VAC1231
- 70% of billings, $150/h guaranteed, and an annual CPD bonus of $1000
- Provide comprehensive, collaborative patient care as part of a large multidisciplinary organization
- Central location, close to public transport and right opposite South Melbourne Markets
The GP Practice at South Melbourne has been supporting the local community since 2013 under BHN (Better Health Network), previously known as Star Health & Inner South Community Health.
It is a fully accredited teaching practice, with a highly skilled nursing and administrative team. The practice is part of a progressive community health organization, with a large multidisciplinary team of health professionals and an array of programs to support patients to achieve their health goals.
GPs have ample opportunities for collaboration within the organization.
We offer our GPs flexible hours, 70% of billings (and $150/h guaranteed base rate), an annual CPD payment of $1000 and opportunities for teaching medical students and GP Registrars (with additional remuneration).
Ideally, you will possess:
- A professional qualification in vocationally Registered GP.
- Experience in Current AHPRA General or Specialist registration.
- Demonstrated ability to be eligible for a Medicare Provider number.
In return, we offer:
- 70% of billings with a guaranteed hourly rate of $150/h
- $1000 annual CPD allowance
- Flexibility of working days/hours
- Great team culture and a highly skilled nursing team
- Rewarding and valuable work that makes a difference!
What makes BHN tick?
Better Health Network (BHN) encompasses more than 22 locations and has over 800 staff work in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver health and disability outcomes. BHN is a responsive and agile community health service, providing a wide range of healthcare, social support, disability, and welfare services for all members of the community.
BHN provides services spanning all periods of life including specialist childhood, youth, and aged care services. In achieving its vision of health and wellbeing for all, BHN is guided by our distinct service principles which include working with people and communities to achieve their health goals, understanding the context in which people live their lives, providing friendly, affordable, and holistic service.
We welcome applications from community members with your Curriculum Vitae listing at least two referees and a cover letter no longer than two pages addressing the following:
- your values alignment
- your skills and experience in clinical governance
- your key skills and expertise against the relevant criteria listed above.
Applicants must address the Key Capabilities – Essential within the covering letter and complete our application form directly from the Star Health website at http://www.starhealth.org.au/careers/current-vacancies/
Please note that prior to any commencement of employment, pre-employment checks must be complete. These will include reference checking, a national criminal history and right to work check, proof of vaccinations and a working with children check.
For information about the role, please contact Fiona Baines, Program Manager Integrated Clinical Care & GP Practice Manager on 03 9525 1300 or email the Program Manager Integrated Clinical Care & GP Practice Manager