Leading societies to a low-carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorails, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
We are currently seeking an Industrial Quality Engineer on a permanent basis, located in West Melbourne. The primary purpose of this role is to provide the V/Line Classic Fleet service project with support for the effective administration, implementation and improvement of the IMS with a strong focus on Quality and Continuous Improvement as well as assisting the HSE team. This role works closely with the project’s QA Engineer.
Your responsibilities will be to support the PrQSM with Quality duties including:
- Coordinate and process the review and updating of controlled documentation for the project
- Assist in the identification, development and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives
- Monitor the calibrated equipment register
- Participate in Material Review Board Meetings (MRB) to assist with determining disposition of non-conforming parts.
- Participate in supplier and internal NCR creation and management
- Provide 8D process support
- Perform incoming material inspections
- Assist in the internal auditing activities
- Bachelor’s in Mechanial or Mechatronics Engineering (or equivalent through experience)
- The ability to build positive relationships with a wide range of people across the business from office staff to production
- Familiar with in-process inspections and quality procedures
- Ability to analyse and critique task and issues in order to come up with mitigation strategies
- Experience using MS office package, SharePoint
- A curious mind with an interest in problem solving
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Free gym membership
- Flexible working options
- Salary continuance insurance
- Bridging leave – extra days off each year
- Access to Alstom University – thousands of free courses and learning material
This is an exciting opportunity join a global industry leader experiencing significant growth. If you believe you have the right skills and experience, please APPLY NOW!
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: [email protected].
For internal applicants, please ensure you confirm your eligibility to apply with your Supervisor and relevant Human Resources representative prior to submitting an application.
Job Segment: Developer, Quality Assurance, Sharepoint, Technology