Organization: Echuca Regional Health
Salary: Salary not specified
Occupation: Administration/Secretarial, Health and Allied Health, Medical and Nursing, Medical, Nursing, Aged Care
Title: Registered Midwife
Classification: Nurses & Midwives EA, Grade 2, YS2 – YS10
Hours per fortnight: 64
Status: Fixed Term 12-month part-time position
- Fantastic opportunity to join our diverse and dynamic team
- Supported team environment
- Work in a state of the art facility
- Career development pathways
Applications are sought from suitably qualified Registered Midwifes with previous midwifery and nursing experience to work in the Maternity Ward at Echuca Regional Health.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide comprehensive, safe and effective evidence based nursing and midwifery care to achieve positive individual / group health outcomes and evaluate progress in consultation with the interdisciplinary team.
- Conduct comprehensive and systemic nursing and midwifery assessments.
- Maintain core clinical competence specific to the area of clinical practice as specified at performance review.
- Plan nursing/midwifery care in consultation with individuals / groups, significant others and interdisciplinary health care team.
- Assist in the development and implementation of clinical policies and procedures
- Act as a role model and resource person for students, graduate nurses and enrolled nurses.
- Act as patient advocate.
- Ensure knowledge and skills remain current through attendance at regular education and training sessions and through reference to changes in policy, practice and guidelines.
- Actively participate in quality improvement activities related to the delivery of maternity/obstetric/ paediatric services, unit meetings and committees as appropriate.
- Actively participate in in-house education and training programs.
- Practice within a professional, ethical, and evidence-based nursing/midwifery framework in accordance with legislation affecting nursing/midwifery practice and health care.
Our team requires someone who has:
- Qualifications in Nursing and Midwifery
- Proven experience in providing safe and effective evidence-based nursing and midwifery care
- High-level awareness of working in a team environment
- Demonstrated a high level of knowledge and skill relating to nursing and midwifery care
This position requires completion of a satisfactory National Police Check and (where relevant) provision of a Working With Children Check and check on the Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme prior to appointment. In addition, this position requires evidence of vaccination status for COVID-19..
Employee and family benefits include:
- Comprehensive learning and development program
- Flexible employment practices
- Salary packaging
- Extended employee assistance program (including support for family members)
- Employee health and well-being initiatives
- Employee recognition program
- Free onsite parking.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
For further information on the role please refer to the position description. Applications are to be submitted online.