Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Registered Nurse/Midwife
About the role
The Mater Mothers’ Hospital Midwifery Group Practice (MGP) team currently has an opportunity available for a Registered Midwife in a Caseload Model of Care. This will be a permanent full-time role in the Acacia Ridge team.
Mater’s MGP Program enables women to be cared for and supported by a group of known midwives throughout their pregnancy, during birth and in the early weeks at home with a new baby. This model recognizes the benefits of continuity of care and enables midwives to work flexibly and to their full scope of practice. Midwifery Group Practice at Mater is made up of 9 teams of midwives, within this larger group, you will be part of a smaller team of 4 midwives providing dedicated continuity of care to a caseload of women.
Midwifery Group Practice at Mater is made up of 8 teams of midwives and within this larger group, you will be part of a smaller team of 4 midwives providing dedicated continuity of care to a caseload of women.
Salary range: $38.16 – $49.04 per hour (RN1) plus superannuation and access to not-for-profit salary packaging up to $15,900
What you’ll be doing
This role requires an enthusiastic and dedicated midwife to provide exceptional Midwifery care in coordinating, assessing, planning, and providing care. It is a fantastic chance to become part of a highly skilled and professional multi-disciplinary team, utilizing your enthusiasm and midwifery passion for the delivery of best practices within a supportive and professional environment.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to utilize and expand their skills in the following areas:
- Providing continuity of care to women covering the spectrum of midwifery care from antenatal to intrapartum and for up to 6 weeks postnatal
- Understanding evidence-based midwifery practice in both the antenatal and postnatal periods
- Working within the home environment
- Working in partnership with women and the multidisciplinary team
- Supporting the Midwifery Unit Manager in service development and data collection
To be considered for this role, the successful applicant must have:
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Postgraduate experience in a Midwifery environment
- Recent experience working in antenatal care, birth suites and post-natal settings
- Experience working in a continuity of care model is desirable but not required
- Evidence of continuing educational and professional development
- Demonstrated ability to role model the Mater values
Why join us?
Mater is Queensland’s largest and most innovative not-for-profit healthcare service, providing care for almost 700,000 patients a year across a network of 11 hospitals. Mater Mothers’ is a premier women’s health facility and Queensland’s largest maternity care provider, delivering more than 11,000 babies every year.
We are a leader in healthcare, education, and research — and that’s because we employ exceptional people. #MAKEYOURMATERMOVE
- Increase your take-home pay via Salary Packaging by allocating applicable living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income
- Package meal and entertainment expenses via Salary Packaging
- Access to leading education and professional development through Mater Education
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national businesses/venues for dining, retail, travel & accommodation, other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounts at various on-campus cafés and coffee venues
For further information, please contact Sally Brunton, MGP Midwifery Unit Manager on 07 3163 2348.
It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater to be and to remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.