Exciting opportunity within a big government company for a passionate petroleum engineer!Your new company
Government organisation responsible for the day-to-day administration of petroleum & greenhouse gas titles in Commonwealth waters in Australia.
Your new role
- Provide high quality, written advice on industry applications that relate to: exploration acreage (petroleum and greenhouse gas) and permits, development concepts, declarations of location and storage formations, retention leases, production licences, and work programs.
- Assess discoveries, monitor the appraisal and commercialisation of pools and review proposed plans for field development and production.
- Assess greenhouse gas storage formations.
- Provide expert advice regarding Australian offshore resource management matters, as well as existing challenges and opportunities facing the hydrocarbon industry.
- Communicate with titleholders and others on regulatory, petroleum, and greenhouse gas exploration and development matters.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Petroleum-related engineering background may include drilling, reservoir, production, and process engineering experience, in support of offshore petroleum project development with a focus on optimisation and maximising recovery.
- Broad experience across offshore field development planning in gas, oil, and LNG, both for greenfield and brownfield projects.
- Ability to review requirements from reservoir engineers and geologists, and consider different facilities options, screening for technical robustness, cost, schedule, etc.
- Good understanding of project screening, concept-select and front end engineering design (FEED) of facilities (upstream, midstream, and gas processing) and experience in feasibility and pre-FEED studies, including techno-economic analysis, international codes and standards, and process design guidelines.
- Experience in the preparation of field development and management plans, cost, and execution strategies, with experience in optionframing/ identification, risk analysis, cost estimation and economic evaluation.
- Industry experience (national and international) in offshore Engineering or Geoscience
- Experience in interpreting and applying legislation, ensuring regulatory compliance, and providing expert advice to decision makers.
What you’ll get in return
- Long term contract
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive rate, paid weekly
- Perth CBD location
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, otherwise, contact Alice Eguchi now on +61 8 9265 9101 or [email protected]
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.#2762440