Under the general supervision of the Coordinator, Therapy Services, or designate, and as part of a multidisciplinary health care team, the Physiotherapist assesses, treats, educates and manages patients/clients receiving physical therapy services.
Travel may be a requirement of this position. Transportation arrangements must meet the operational requirements of the Vancouver Island Health Authority in accordance with the service assignment and may require the use of a personal vehicle.
Education, Training And Experience
Graduation from a recognized university program in Physiotherapy. Current practising full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC). Eligible for membership in the Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA). Knowledge of current Physical Therapy standards, modalities and scope of practice, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Valid BC Driver’s License.
Skills And Abilities
- Prioritize, organize and problem-solve.
- Observe and assess clients/patients.
- Demonstrate sound judgment, tact and empathy.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Participate as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Foster good public relations.
- Physically and emotionally able to perform the duties of the position.
- Operate related equipment, including computerized systems.