Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger – a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other’s successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are looking for an experienced Wireline Field Engineer to join our Aberdeen team. In this role you will perform advanced Cased Hole services both onshore and offshore. Duties and responsibilities include the proper maintenance of tools and equipment, crew supervision, ensuring compliance to policies, managing information and customer data, and customer relations.
You will need to have the necessary skills and knowledge and to be able of working autonomously on tasks listed in the Level 1, Level 2, and Level Cased Hole Field Engineer Standards. Additionally, you should be contributing towards improvements in service quality which includes failure analysis, processes and procedures, and customer service.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Demonstrate and improve knowledge and understanding of Wireline operations policies & procedures, which include Radiation, Ballistics, Pressure Control, rig up, and preventative maintenance.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of all relevant Wireline documentation.
- Performs complex job planning and preparation of tools and equipment, promptly and accurately submits all required reports and data.
- Promptly report issues, lessons learned and best practices using the appropriate online system.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to perform advanced wireline services at the location, which may include tools and equipment in some or all of the following technology groups: Auxiliary & Conveyance, Casing Integrity, Acquisition & Software, Fleet & Surface Support, Nuclear-Porosity/Lithology, Plugback Services, Perforation and Pipe Recovery, Production Logging, Nuclear-Pulsed
- Supervise all tasks associated with a complex Wireline job, which includes load-out and backload, rig up, winch operation, clean-up and maintenance of tools, equipment, and Wireline units.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding of various Wireline functions including winch operation, depth control, tension, fishing, data acquisition and tool response.
- Perform Wireline cable tests and re-heads, tool preventative maintenance & calibration, tension, and depth system calibration.
- Maintain equipment, facilities, and work locations in a presentable and working condition.
- Prepare and organize advanced logs and data for distribution, processing, and archiving.
- Maintain customer relations and communications.
- University Degree (Engineering – Petroleum, Geology, Electrical, etc.) and 3-4 years previous Wireline experience.
- Understand principles of electricity and good mechanical aptitude.
- Understand fundamental math and physics.
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Ability to work in a team environment and good leadership skills.