We offer you:
- A busy clinic environment – expect 5-10 assessments per week (full-time physio, with a proportional amount for a part-time physio).
- Tons of support:
- A large team of physiotherapist colleagues – learn from our 184+ years of collective experience
- Support to build and maintain your caseload.
- Customized mentorship plans and professional development funding (value $2000+/year). Includes education allowance, career courses to build your skillset, in-house training, mentorship, and paid subscription to education sites (e.g. Embodia) and more.
- Full support staff – so you can focus more on your patients.
- No admin work. We manage all reception, appointments, invoicing, and billing for you.
- A well-established name in the community and with physicians – we have been operating since 1985 and have a wide referral base.
- A competitive remuneration package, including a group health benefits program.
- Slick charting software (we use Jane App) that lets you chart from home and check your schedule on the go.
- Private assessment rooms.
- A highly organized and clean working environment.
- Recently renovated facilities and well-maintained equipment.
- Specialized equipment, including vestibular equipment (goggles and vestibular models)
Our current caseload includes private, orthopedic, sports injuries, vestibular, neurological rehabilitation, Worker’s Compensation Board, and Manitoba Public Insurance (automobile insurance) clients.
Career advancement opportunities include:
- Focus on your clinical work and be a super-star therapist for your patients, as a generalist or a specialist.
- Diversify your clinical work and get involved in the business side.
- Join us as a partner down the road (multiple locations).
Experienced physiotherapists and new grads are encouraged to apply. We welcome applications from internationally-trained physiotherapists and physiotherapists currently living outside of Canada.
We have a bustling practice and a team of friendly, dedicated professionals. Our operations are highly organized – we have a full-time Clinic Manager, and we are continuously improving our systems and process to support our physiotherapists and patients.
Most of our physiotherapists have stayed with us for their full careers. Here’s what they say about working at River East Physiotherapy:
- “It’s all about the people. We have always been able to recruit and surround ourselves with a great group of caring and passionate individuals. It makes our work environment a fun and exciting place to be. It’s also a very clean, efficient, and extremely well-organized facility.” – Don Charbonneau, BMR-PT
- “At River East, I have felt valued and supported right from the get-go! The mentorship offered to new clinicians went above and beyond my expectations and I have been encouraged to pursue any area of practice that piques my interest. The entire team – therapists & support staff – have been wonderful and make coming to work every day an absolute pleasure.” – Maddy Lengyel, MPT.
- “I appreciate having good people around to discuss challenging cases and to bounce ideas off.” – Julia McDaniels, BMR-PT
- “I really enjoy the team that we have at River East, from our reception staff to our therapists. Everybody is ready to go out of their way to make sure patients’ needs are being met. I think this creates a great environment for both the patient and the clinician.” – Ryan Corkal, MPT, River East Physiotherapy Alumnus.
Living in Winnipeg:
Winnipeg is booming with arts & cultural activity – world-class theatre, dance, live music, nightlife, and more. Our clinics are located in North Kildonan, a calm neighborhood with tree-lined streets and many charming homes. Housing and the cost of living are remarkably affordable compared to other major Canadian cities.
What our physiotherapists say about Winnipeg:
- “I love that Winnipeg feels like a big village but it has all the services and amenities of a big city. I also love the number of parks and green space our city has to offer, and how close we are to nature.” – Julia McDaniels, BMR-PT
- “I love the people and the sunshine! Since I’m originally from B.C., and I lived in Vancouver for years, I can confidently say I’ll take sunshine and snow over constant grey skies any day.” – Peter Sidhu, MPT.
- “The summers are amazing – it gets really hot and there are so many lakes and beaches nearby. Like, white sand beaches and crystal clear water, I’m not kidding. Winnipeg is so underrated – when I came here last summer I was blown away by the quality of theatre, dance, and live music.” – Andrea Grant, MScPT
- “I love how multicultural Winnipeg is, and I appreciate this most when trying out different restaurants throughout the city. Also, the Winnipeg Jets!” – Ryan Pang, MPT
- “I love Winnipeg culture – there are so many amazing restaurants, events, and beautiful areas to explore. I love the outdoors – the parks, both winter and summer trails, and the surrounding lakes.” – Maddy Lengyel, MPT