One of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for many consecutive years, William Osler Health System (Osler) provides a safe and supportive healthcare network to grow your career. Osler is nationally recognized for its commitment to patient safety and is Accredited with Exemplary Standing, the highest rating a Canadian hospital can receive. As a major Ontario hospital system, and home to some of the biggest specialty and emergency departments in the country, Osler serves the 1.3 million residents of Brampton, Etobicoke, and surrounding communities. We are proud to offer you incredible exposure to best-in-class healthcare delivery and challenging hands-on opportunities to stay at the top of your game.
A hospital system built for and by the community, we continue to expand our services to meet the needs of a growing population, creating opportunities for increased hands-on skills development, cross-department training, and promotional opportunities. Guided by our accomplished senior leadership team, together we are driving our vision of patient-inspired health care without boundaries.
At Osler, we invest in careers that go beyond where healthcare professionals like you can achieve their goals and find deep personal and professional fulfillment. Join our team today!
This role reports to the Manager, Professional Practice, and works in collaboration with the clinical services manager and as a member of the corporate physiotherapy team.
- Provide quality physiotherapy services
- Work with the patients/families and other team members to assess and treat patients to prepare patients for timely and appropriate discharges
- Responsible for providing education and consultation to patients, their families, team members, and community partners as appropriate
- Practice in accordance with the physiotherapy standards of practice and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- MSc or BSc in Physiotherapy or equivalent
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Recent experience providing physiotherapy in an inpatient adult physical medicine setting, preferably general medicine, surgery, rehabilitation and geriatrics
- Basic knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to general medical and surgical patients
- Rostered for tracheal suctioning and oxygen titration is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership ability within a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of an inter-professional patient care team
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with excellent time management and organizational skills required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills required
- Excellent attendance and work record
- Will be required to travel between and work at all Osler sites including weekend coverage
- Must demonstrate Osler’s Values of Respect, Excellence, Service, Compassion, Innovation and Collaboration
Hours: Currently Days/Evenings, including weekends and statutory holidays (subject to change in accordance with operational requirements)
Internal application deadline: Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Applications are still open for external applicants
Osler values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.