About the job:
We are looking for a Principal Process Engineer to work on predominately early-stage process engineering activities (i.e. concept, appraise and select studies) as well as operational support and troubleshooting, to provide practical solutions to our clients’ challenges, including the requirement to decarbonise oil and gas production.
Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients’ problems head-on. It’s a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
Joining our Engineering & Consulting business in Aberdeen, you’ll be in a world-class and growing team of over 30 process engineers helping our clients deliver more from their existing assets safely and efficiently and helping them on their energy transition journeys. You will work on a variety of projects, involved in the analysis, assessment, optioneering and design of process systems, ranging from single discipline studies to large multidiscipline projects. Working closely with our clients, you’ll be consulting with them to develop a full understanding of their project requirements, delivering cost effective and innovative solutions.
We operate a hybrid working model with a mix of office and home working. We also have a number of members of the team who work flexibly or part time and are very happy to accept applicants on that basis.
- Be the Lead Engineer on a study, performing duties with no direct supervision and within agreed schedules and budgets.
- Present work to clients, virtually and face-to-face through reports and presentations.
- Involvement in a large variety of work, from process optimisation, production efficiency improvements, tie-in studies and a range of schemes to lessen the carbon intensity of oil and gas production including introduction of new energy sources.
- Oversee more junior engineers under your supervision who are running process simulations, preparing process flow schemes, mass balances and equipment sizes, and preparing reports.
- Supervise and develop junior engineers
- Responsible for the delivery of high-quality deliverables, ensuring compliance with relevant codes and standards and internal procedures.
- Understand clients’ requirements and contribute to winning bids for work
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Engineering degree, honours or equivalent in Chemical Engineering or similar
- Likely Chartered Engineer status with the Institution of Chemical Engineers or equivalent
- Significant related experience in the Oil and Gas Industry and/ or Low Carbon Energy Transition projects
- Experience in feasibility or concept selection studies
- Experience using HYSYS/UniSim, performing standard process engineering calculations and developing technical reports
- Excellent coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills.
- Cost awareness
- Understanding of relevant industry codes and standards
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.