We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
As part of our Vehicles and Tactical Systems business, our Protected Vehicles team is primarily focused on the design, manufacture, delivery and support of protected mobility vehicles on a global scale. We are very proud of everything we do in support of both the Bushmaster and Hawkei platforms as we all work together towards our purpose in “Building A Future We Can All Trust”.
We have 3x open roles for a Industrialisation Process Engineers to join our Protective Vehicles business, working with highly dedicated and passionate teams. As an Industrialisation Process Engineer, you will coordinate the industrialisation/transfer activities in the design, development, validation and manufacturing/service phases to ensure that the manufacturing/repair process takes all industrial constraints into account up until the launch of production/support. You will be the Work Package Manager for all industrialisation/transfer activities.
This role will require successful candidates to be on-site at our Bendigo manufacturing site.
To be successful in your role, you will have demonstrated and/or acquired the following knowledge and experience:
- Extensive knowledge of production and repair processes.
- Extensive knowledge of the products and their manufacturing or repair processes.
- Knowledge of industrial management control and work package control.
- Basic knowledge of stock management and flow management methodologies.
- Implementation of continuous improvement and management tools (Lean: flow management, conducting Gemba Walks, Compass Room, PDCA, etc.).
- Practice of analytical and problem-solving techniques (PDCA, etc.).
- Knowledge of production tools, industrial IT & use of dashboards (analysis, decision support, etc.).
- Act with agility, adjust behaviour in real time and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensure that industrial issues are taken into account in product production and/or repair, especially among the engineering teams (legitimacy, influence, commitment).
Good to know:
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As part of our standard process you will complete police, medical, employment and reference checks.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales .
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.