POSITION SUMMARY:The Researcher II will support the OBP Laboratory of Immunology by investigating the immunology and biochemistry of drug hypersensitivity. The Researcher II will also perform in vitro immunology experiments including bioanalytical methods to characterize drug induced changes in cell proteomics and immuno-proteomics.
- Develop and validate chromatographic and mass spectrometry-based assays for immuneproteomics of HLA presented peptides and small molecules.
- Produce reports for reliable, sensitive, and validated immunological methods of analyses (prepares, edit, and designate project reports)
- Perform analysis of mass spectrometry data in order to identify sequences of peptides and modifications using software including PEAKS.
- Preparation of standard operating procedures (SOP) and protocols for method validation of immunological assays.
- Ensure that all work is in compliance with all pertinent SOPs and safe work practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- PD in Life Health and Medical Sciences, Biochemistry or any other related field with 2+ years of laboratory experience with immunology and biochemistry and the ability to work independently.
- MS in Life Health and Medical Sciences, Biochemistry or any other related field with 5+ years of laboratory experience with immunology and biochemistry and the ability to work independently.
- Experience in developing and validating analyses of immune biologics and proteins by LCMS. Experience in isolating HLA molecules, affinity purifying peptides from HLA and then performing immune-proteomics using LCMS to characterize the peptides.
- Basic office software skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Sigmaplot, Access or
- FileMaker Pro databases etc.) are required and basic statistical data analysis skills are highly desired. Experience in Mass spectrometry software PEAKS for data analysis.
If interested, please apply at https://kikiktagruk.applicantpool.com/
Disclaimer: This is not to be an exclusive list of all responsibilities’, duties, and skills required of the person in this job. KIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KIC considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, family responsibility, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran’s status or any other legal protected status. Pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, Kikiktagruk Inupiat Corporation, may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to KIC Shareholders and their Descendants. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V