NOTE: As an approved life-sciences company, we have a license to hire from Europe and therefore we also welcome applications from EU passport holders as well as those with the right to work in the UK.
- Independently design, conduct, optimize and proactively troubleshoot biochemical and molecular cell based assays.
- Develop, optimize and validate biophysical, biochemical, and cell-based assay platforms for the hit identification, lead optimization, and functional characterization of small molecules.
- Work on the bench implementing state-of-the-art technologies for the different assay platforms and supporting the senior team on various activities.
- Ensure robust and high-quality assays with efficient use of automation and instrumentation.
- Data processing, interpretation, and presentation to cross-functional team members and stakeholders.
- Proposing, planning, quoting, tracking reagent needs, usage, and executing timelines for each study.
- Work closely with other biology groups involved in cellular and molecular biology, protein biology/chemistry, and ADME, offering integrated drug discovery support alongside chemistry for multiple client-based projects.
- Candidate should have a relevant degree orPhD inBiology, Biosciences, Biotechnology or Biochemistry or related discipline and ideally have 4+ yearsof hands-on laboratory experience.
- Candidates must be capable of excellent teamwork in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment, where meeting timelines will be essential.
- Candidate should have an aptitude for data analysis and interpretation skills.
- A clear understanding of biology principles, assays & strategies to troubleshoot.
- Have a passion for science as well as being open to continuous learning and education.
- Be highly organized with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment.
- Self-motivated with an initiative to reach challenging targets.
- Working knowledge of PROTAC technology; luciferase reporter assays; experience with high content imaging would be desirable but not essential.