Reporting to the Director of Culinary & Product Development, the Process Industrial Engineer will bring their expertise in product development and process engineering to both our Cambridge and Waterloo further processing facilities. The successful candidate will bring a ‘food solutions’ focus to the role and assist in developing, configuring and optimizing all manufacturing processes throughout the further processing operation.
- Support Product Development with new product development research that meets plant capabilities
- Identify equipment requirements to improve productivity and meet capacity increases as necessary
- Lead Capital Investment initiatives related to processing equipment
- Project Management related to capital investments and process improvement.
- Utilize concepts such as Lean, Continuous Improvement, 5s, etc. to develop and maintain programs to improve plant productivity
- Actively develop and manage cost-reduction projects
- Identify performance metrics to maintain/improve reliability across the plant
- Conduct process improvement training across relevant departments
- Ensure compliance to quality standards, HACCP, WSIB, OHS and CFIA
- Review KPI data to determine opportunities
- Develop and maintain SOPs which focus on cost savings and efficiency
- Collect downtime information, determine root cause, and provide suggestions for improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or Process engineering.
- P.Eng designation is an asset
- 10+ years of relevant experience – preferably food/meat related
- Advanced knowledge of engineering concepts, practices, standards and systems
- Experience implementing continuous improvement and best practice initiatives
- Working knowledge of 5s and Lean
- Familiarity with HACCP, CFIA, and other quality standards/requirements
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to interact with and motivate a diverse group of people
- Strong computer/technical skills
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem-solve, and facilitate change management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Travel to facilities across Canada
- Comfortable working on shop floor with hourly and salaried staff
Grand River Foods (Cambridge) embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Grand River Foods (Cambridge) is dedicated to attracting, development and retaining talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005, under the Human Rights Code accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the recruitment process, the candidate will need to make their accommodation need known to the HR Department.