Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Senior Scientist, R&D Biology will work in a cross-disciplinary team to design and launch new products driving innovation on the Lonza Cocoon® Platform. This hands-on biologist or bioengineer will execute upon key requirements to implement new functionalities on Lonza Cocoon® Platform for cell-based immunotherapy manufacturing.
- Be the R&D technical lead for New Product Developments of the Lonza Cocoon® Platform while supervising junior scientists.
- Responsible for all R&D deliverables for New Product Developments following Lonza Design & Development Process.
- Identify technical key performance indicators (KPIs) and set feasibility/launch targets while meeting project deadlines.
- Use hypothesis-driven approach to design, plan, and execute experiments followed by data analysis, data interpretation, and proposals for next steps.
- Chair internal team project meetings focusing on technical deep dive and root cause analysis
- Represent R&D at joint project team meetings communicating latest technical achievements.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records, including lab notebook recordings and project-related documentation in accordance with GMP compliance regulations.
- Draft or revise technical documents including laboratory SOPs, test protocols and reports.
- Keep up-to-date with latest achievements in the field of personalized medicine by reviewing scientific publications and attending conferences.
- Author white papers and applications notes highlighting the capabilities of the Lonza Cocoon® Platform for cell therapy manufacturing
- A Master’s or PhD degree in cellular biology, biochemistry, or biological engineering with preference for expertise in immunology
- 3+ years of industry experience in Life Sciences or Diagnostics (preferably cell and gene therapy) with track record of launched products
- Strong knowledge of immunology and cell biology
- Extensive experience/knowledge of aseptic cell culture techniques with a preference to T-cell culture
- Hands-on experience in flow/imaging cytometry, immunostaining, ELISA
- Preferably hands-on experience with leukopak processing
- Strong understanding of statistical data analysis
- Technical writing experience demonstrated by peer-reviewed scientific publications
- Scientific communication skills demonstrated by track record of conference presentations
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.