- Contract Type: Permanent / 40 Hours Per Week
- Salary: circa £36,600 plus Bonus
- Location: DPD Bradford – Nepshaw Lane, Gildersome, Leeds LS27 7JQ
- Days of Work: Tuesday to Saturday
- Hours of Work: 00:00 to 09:00
Join us on our journey as we aim to be the UK’s most sustainable delivery company, whilst ensuring our customers continue to receive a world class service. You will be in a busy and fast paced business, with a turnover of over £2 billion, that can offer you great benefits and plenty of opportunities to progress your career
DPD are passionate about creating an environment that is open, ethical, inclusive and socially responsible.
Along with job security, the tools to do the job and a competitive salary, you’ll receive fantastic benefits starting on day one, including never working on your birthday ever again!!!
DPD is a Valuable 500 company and a Disability Confident Employer
Our Site Manager is currently recruiting for an experienced Shift Manager, to help strengthen their depot operations team.In this role you will be managing a team of warehouse operatives throughout the night making sure that they are engaged, organised and motivated, whilst they unload the lorries that arrive into the Depot in the most efficient and timely manner . You will oversee the accurate sortation of the parcels to ensure this is achieved in line with Key Performance Indicators.
Other key accountabilities will include;
- Ensure company Confirmed At Depot (CAD) % is achieved
- Ensure depot Throughput target is achieved in line with targeted tip time
- Ensure company target for Saturations is achieved
- Achieve depot “parcels per person hour” target
- Achieving all Depot objectives relating to Health & Safety, productivity, and cost to deliver outstanding service to our customers
- Resourcing additional staff at short notice in the event of any employee absence
What we’re looking for;You will have experience in a fast paced operation with proven and demonstrable people management experience, involving direct accountability and responsibility for motivating and leading a high performing team. Additionally we would also expect:
- You will have strong communication skills with the ability to inspire, motivate and manage a team.
- Decisive and effective decision-making, problem resolution and time management skills.
- Demonstrate high levels of resilience, self-motivation and flexibility.
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to use Google chrome applications
- The ability to do comprehensive reporting, alongside analysis of data is a key requirement for this role.
- You will be highly vigilant to any unscrupulous activity taking swift and appropriate action when required.
- Demonstrate the core DPD DNA values of Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work and Accountability.
About our benefits:
We recognise that our people are at the heart of our business, without them we wouldn’t be able to deliver our award-winning service to millions of customers across the country each day. It’s important to us that we demonstrate our recognition of you in providing you with more than just a salary and job stability. To name but a few…
- Holiday trading
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Free life assurance of 4 x salary on joining the pension scheme
- Free onsite car parking for all employees
- Health Kiosks visiting every location
- Discounted shopping from 100’s of retailers including up to 5% off supermarket shopping
- Milestone Days off to celebrate with your family and friends
- Free eye tests and support with the cost of glasses
Joining DPD can lead to not just a stable job but also a career. DPD prides itself on recognising and developing talent alongside a desire to promote from within. As a continually growing and evolving organisation, we are proud to offer a great number of development and promotion opportunities.
If you identify with our aims and values and can help us deliver our customers’ promises, then this is the job for you! Apply today.