Senior Process Engineer (Optics)
$102,000 – $154,000 (based on experience)
Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) products are laser-based imaging tools that have transformed ophthalmic care and made notable impacts on patients in cardiology, dermatology, oncology, gastroenterology, and other medical specialties.
We are currently seeking a Senior Process Development Engineer to support our Microfabrication/Wafer Fab engineering team. Working closely with Design Engineering and Manufacturing, the individual filling this role will join the team responsible for supporting fabrication and manufacturing processes for our proprietary MEMS tunable optical devices and micro-optics.
The scope of responsibility centers on device fabrication (MEMs or semiconductor processing) and characterization (understanding metrology and testing) along with data tracking
& amp; analysis to support our advanced MEMS-based tunable laser development and transfer to manufacturing.
The position is hands-on and requires a high degree of cross-functional collaboration and teamwork both as a project lead as well as an individual contributor.
- Support and develop wafer fabrication processes.
- Implement, document and maintain in-process routings, work instructions, tests & amp specifications.
- Analyze correlations between processes (metrology data, process conditions and/or process variation) and performance (functional testing) throughout the entire value stream.
- Track variation and process capability throughout the value stream, identify and support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Review new specifications and analyze requirements against existing capabilities to estimate costs and yields for new products and applications.
- Minimum BS in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science or a related discipline is required
- 4+ years industry experience for candidates with BS, 3+ years of industry experience for candidates with MS, 2+ years of industry experience for candidates with PhD is desired.
- Experience with semiconductor process technology and deep understanding of processes such as photolithography, dry etch, wet etch is required; MEMS device fabrication experience is desired but not necessary.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimum supervision.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills are highly desired.
- Strong working knowledge of optics, MEMS devices or optoelectronic device processing is preferred.
- Basic understanding of DOE and SPC concepts are highly desired.
- Experience with electrical or electro-optical testing, metrology, data access and manipulation tools is highly desired.
- This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Must be a US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident.
- Visa sponsorship is not available.
Effective January 4, 2022, it will be mandatory for every employee to be adequately vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemption requests from this vaccination requirement will be considered to accommodate medical conditions and sincerely held religious beliefs.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Please use the apply button to submit a copy of your resume if you are qualified and interested.