STS Technical Services is hiring Software Engineers to work for Harley-Davidson in Mountain View, California.
At Harley-Davidson, we are building more than machines. It’s our passion and commitment to continue the evolution of this storied brand, and heighten the desirability of the Harley-Davidson experience. To keep building our legend and leading our industry through innovation, evolution, and emotion we need the best and brightest talent. We stand for the timeless pursuit of adventure. Freedom for the soul. Are you ready to join us?
Our Engineering team at the Livewire Labs facility located in Mountain View, CA has an opening for a Design Engineer – EV Software. This open position requires a relentless drive to succeed while working in an efficient, dynamic and agile systems focused engineering environment. This engineer will develop on-vehicle embedded software for our current and next generation electric vehicles. Also, this individual will support developing high-level test specifications to ensure correct system operation. Technical skills related to embedded software development is a must.
This is What You’ll Do:
- Design and integrate application level software components for functions related to EV systems using strong coding skills with emphasis on good structure and test methodology, proficient in structured and reusable embedded software design
- Understand task based bare-metal operating system and critical on-board peripherals and communication protocols
- Collaborate with other engineers on functionality, coding, and prototyping/testing
- Review and implement vehicle and system level requirements at the component level
- Develop initial test environments for software unit level and real-time power electronics simulation interface when applicable
- Support HIL (Hardware in the Loop) validation by reviewing test cases and test results
- Work within the agile methodology to shape the scope, provide timely updates, and deliver on sprint commitments
- Inform sprint timing with feature release and issue resolution at the embedded module level.
- Design methodologies around the foundational software development process as part of continuous improvement activities.
- Understand the automotive functional safety process according to ISO26262 standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or related technical degree.
- Masters in related field is preferred.
- Formal Functional Safety training is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with processor driver development, 5 years preferred
- Basic understanding of all EV components: APS (DC/DC converter), Motor Controller / Inverter, BMS and High Voltage bus management, Cell / Pack HV behavior
- Experience with DFMEA, PFMEA and related quality assurance processes
- Knowledge of end-to-end software development process is required
- Team oriented working style and good communication skills for interaction with internal customers is required
- MATLAB, Simulink; Auto-code generation and rapid prototyping systems experience is a plus
- Proficiency in C code creating and editing is a plus
- Basic understanding of agile workflow is a plus
- Conceptual understanding and experience with power electronics is a plus
- Minimum 1 year of experience with planning and conduction of component tests as well as evaluation of test results and reporting, 3 years is preferred
- Knowledge of functional safety ISO 26262 work process and technical deliverables
- Knowledge of CAN communication bus standards and experience with on-road vehicle software is a plus
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call (717) 881-4669.
STS Technical Services is an equal-opportunity employer.