Job ID: 176300
Required Travel: Minimal
Managerial – Yes
Location: Australia- Melbourne (Amdocs Site)
Who are we?
Amdocs helps those who build the future to make it amazing. With our market-leading portfolio of software products and services, we unlock our customers’ innovative potential, empowering them to provide next-generation communication and media experiences for both the individual end user and enterprise customers. Our 30,000 employees around the globe are here to accelerate service providers’ migration to the cloud, enable them to differentiate in the 5G era, and digitalize and automate their operations. Listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market, Amdocs had revenue of $4.3 billion in fiscal 2021. For more information, visit Amdocs at www.amdocs.com
In one sentence
In charge of the architectural roadmap, provides architecture solutions during the software development lifecycle and performs sophisticated software engineering tasks.
What will your job look like?
- Amdocs Software Architect have full autonomy to deliver agreed technical objectives. Make decisions requiring extensive analysis and interpretation, including a number of intangible factors. Provides technical expertise in terms of software usage, and functional and non-functional aspects
- Work with software engineers and other architects to define and refine the product structure to align with the business, development, deployment, and maintenance needs.
- Work with customers and product line management to identify, refine, and translate customer needs into concrete technical requirements.
- Support and lead architectural decisions and tasks within a product line or across multiple product lines (cross-portfolio).
- Lead projects, review technical designs, and provide guidance to software engineers on technical and architectural design decisions
- Research, evaluate, and prototype new methodologies, technologies, and products, you will propose and follow through with improvements in processes and tools.
- Acquire an in depth understanding of the customer context while making technical decisions and choices
All you need is…
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent – information technology, management information systems, software engineering and networking
- Highly proficient and hands-on Full Stack Software developer, Solution Architect and Designer utilizing Microsoft Technology, Cloud platforms like Azure, AWS, PBI and Open-Source stack.
- Technical Stack:
- Integration Services – Azure logic apps, Azure API APPS, Azure API Management, APIGEE, WCF, SOAP based webservices, REST API’s, Biztalk Server
- Queuing Solutions/ Event driven Architectures – Azure Service Bus Queues, Azure Storage Queues, Confluent kafka, Azure Event hub and Azure Event grid.
- Cloud Services – All cloud Services in Azure ( Expert), AWS ( Nice to Have)
- Experience in setting up Devops practice using Azure Devops, TFS 2017, GitHub, Bitbucket and Jenkins. Planning and tracking work using Azure Boards and Jira. Consolidating designs and documentations in enterprise architect and Confluence. Expertise using both TFVC and Git based code repositories leveraging clean merging and branching strategies for build/deployment workflows.
- Working Experience on various DevOps tools such as Kubernetes, Git, Git Hub, Docker, Helm, Dockerhub, Docker compose,Ansible, Prometheus, Graffana,Jenkins and Terraform
- Working Experience in PowerBI, PBX and in-memory reports creation
Why you will love this job:
- Be challenged by crafting the high-level design and dictates technical standards.
- Success applicants will gain the opportunity to work with the industry most advanced technologies
- We provide opportunities to evolve yourself in the future and be responsible for a suite of products, creating a high-level design that connects several (heterogeneous) sub-systems, which together make up a whole system.
- We provide stellar benefits from health to dental to parental leave and even pet insurance!
Amdocs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce