As the nation’s largest producer of clean, carbon-free energy, Constellation is a company purpose-built to meet the challenges of the climate crisis. Constellation has been the leader in clean energy production for more than a decade. Now, we’re accelerating, speeding our low-carbon or no-carbon power to more people in more places, day and night, providing our customers and communities with options to buy, manage and use energy as part of their decarbonization mission. The race is on to confront the climate crisis and Constellation is ready to meet the challenge. Constellation has been the leader in carbon-free energy production for more than a decade, and generates 50% more clean, carbon-free electricity than any other company in America. We’re generating power 24/7 with the nation’s largest emission-free nuclear energy fleet, providing enough clean energy to power 15 million homes. Constellation offers customers a range of clean, zero-carbon energy solutions to help reduce their carbon footprint and achieve their sustainability goals. We are committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion and believe in attracting, retaining and advancing employees who will best serve and represent our customers, partners and communities. We provide a workplace that ensures mutual respect, where each individual has the opportunity to grow and contribute at their greatest potential. Constellation will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and power a successful career. Constellation offers a wide range of benefits, designed to help our employees thrive professionally and personally. In addition to highly competitive salaries, we offer a bonus program, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase program; comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, including a robust wellness program; paid time off for vacation, holidays and sick days; and much more. Expected salary range of $107,100 to $119,000, varies based on experience, along with comprehensive benefits package that includes bonus and 401(k). Primary Purpose Of Position Responsible for the maintenance and operation of the Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) and for providing targeted security advisory services. Tests, implements, deploys, maintains, reviews, and administers the infrastructure hardware, software, and documentation that are required to effectively manage network defense.
Primary Duties And Accountabilities
• Continually monitor, refine & improve upon the security technologies utilized by the CSOC. Perform system administration on specialized cyber defense applications and systems (e.g., EDR, Cloud and Email Security, SIEM, appliances) to include installation, configuration, maintenance, backup, and restoration. Build, install, configure, and test dedicated cyber defense hardware. (30%)
• Provide Log & Monitoring Design Services. Identify potential conflicts with implementation of any cyber defense capability (e.g., tool testing and optimization). (30%)
• Deploy new data source feeds into SIEM & develops initial content for monitoring. Monitor SIEM infrastructure performance. (10%).
• Provide Security Advisory Services. Assist in identifying, prioritizing, and coordinating the protection of critical cyber defense infrastructure and key resources. (10%)
• Responsible for CSOC capacity planning. Responsible for CSOC Release Management & CSOC Change Management. (10%)
• Assure that all equipment, systems, applications & appliances of threat & vulnerability management technologies are available & running effectively. Assist in assessing the impact of implementing and sustaining a dedicated cyber defense infrastructure. (5%)
• Lead projects to further enhance security technologies, practices, processes (5%).
Enables the Cyber SOC to meet key performance metrics across five key capabilities: Security Monitoring, Incident Handling & Response, Digital Forensics & eDiscovery, Cyber Threat Intelligence, and Technical Solutions Development. Responsible for the creation of content for use in monitoring toolsets while maintaining a uniform view of security monitoring architecture. Tests, implements, deploys, maintains, and administers the infrastructure hardware and software.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), or a related discipline and 5 to 8 years of solid, diverse experience in cyber security Systems operations, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Knowledge in the following core technical competencies: SIEM, EDR, Microsoft security suite, Linux, Palo Alto, Operations, Engineering, Content Development, Internetworking, TCP IP
• Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Knowledge of how network services and protocols interact to provide network communications.
• Knowledge of Security principles such as Threat Lifecycle Management & Incident Management & Lifecycle.
• Knowledge of Cyber SOC processes and Cyber SOC Engineering.
• Knowledge of network protocols (e.g., Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol [TCP/IP], Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol [DHCP]), and directory services (e.g., Domain Name System [DNS]).
• Knowledge of network traffic analysis methods.
• Knowledge of packet-level analysis.
• Knowledge of basic system administration, network, and operating system hardening techniques.
• Knowledge of network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g., application of defense-in-depth).
• Knowledge of OSI model and underlying network protocols (e.g., TCP/IP).
• Skill in troubleshooting and diagnosing cyber defense infrastructure anomalies and work through resolution.
• Skill in securing network communications.
• Knowledge of protecting a network against malware.
• Knowledge of web filtering technologies.
• Knowledge of cyber defense policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Knowledge of test procedures, principles, and methodologies (e.g., Capabilities and Maturity Model Integration (CMMI)).
• Knowledge of basic system, network, OS hardening techniques and security benchmarks
• Graduate degree in cyber security or related area of expertise.
• Ability to demonstrate analytical skills, technical knowledge, and practical application of cyber and information security principles to business leaders and technical staff
• CISSP, GCLD, PCCSE, AZ 500 or other related certifications
• Skill in using security event correlation tools.
• Demonstrated knowledge of cyber defense policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Demonstrated advanced knowledge in the area of Cyber SOC operations, particularly in Cyber Security Systems Engineering
Constellation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.