- Permanent Part-Time
- 10:00am-4:30pm Shifts
- Weekdays and Weekends
Bethanie Waters have an opportunity for a Therapy Assistant (Allied Health Assistant) at their 160-bed aged-care home located in the coastal suburb of Port Kennedy.
We are looking for people with a passion for working with people of all abilities and backgrounds. You will have an enthusiastic and creative approach to your work and be able to support our residents’ strengths and interests.
While working with Bethanie you can enjoy the following benefits and opportunities:
- Reward programs such as ‘Employee of the Month’
- Health and Wellness Program, including our employee assistance program
- A rewarding career with a supportive culture
- Salary Packaging: up to $15,899 of life expenses per annum and $2,650 per annum for meals and entertainment. Salary Packaging allows you to pay for your expenses from your salary before tax is taken out. Pay less tax, and your take home pay increases
- Banking, insurance, and retail discounts and benefits
About the Role:
- Implement therapy and lifestyle programs for groups of residents living with dementia
- Adapt activities to resident’s level of function under the guidance of a Therapist
- Address physical and psychological needs and provide opportunities for meaningful engagement for residents
- Maintain required records
- Previous experience in a Therapy Assistant role
- Certificate 3 or 4 Allied Health Assistant essential
- Previous experience working with people living with dementia desirable
- Clear communication in both a verbal and written capacity with care recipients, families and team members
- Well-developed literacy and numeracy skills with a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated skills with technology/devices/computer programs that are intended for therapy benefits (e.g. Microsoft Office, Wii, iPad and apps etc.)
Please click on the Apply Link to upload your resume before the closing date. We reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement prior to the closing date. If you require any further information, please contact India on 131 151.