- Supportive program with opportunities in multiple areas of the women’s health unit and special care nursery
- Vibrant and busy unit with a wide range of experiences to develop your scope of practice
- Frankston, Mornington Peninsula & surrounding locations
- Award: MIDWIFE GR 2 YR 1 (YS12) – MIDWIFE GR 2 YR 5 (YS5)
Who We Are and What We Stand For
Peninsula Health is the major metropolitan health service caring for a community of 300,000 people. Our Vision is to provide exceptional health and community care. To realize this vision we need people who strive for a sense of achievement, take an interest in their individual growth, enjoy innovation and look for ways to improve and have a passion for communicating and connecting with others.
In representing Peninsula Health, we expect all employees and volunteers to reflect our values: Be the Best, Be a Role Model, Be Open and Honest, Be Compassionate and Respectful, and Be Collaborative. We are One Peninsula Health.
What You Will Be Doing
As a valued and integral member of the Peninsula Health multidisciplinary team you will:
- Demonstrate flexibility in caring for patients and their families across the organisation.
- Assess, plan, implement, evaluate and document comprehensive midwifery care within each clinical area in accordance with best practice and Peninsula Health values
- Work competently within your scope of practice to deliver safe, evidence-based, person-centered care to achieve optimal health outcomes.
What You Need
We anticipate you will meet all essential criteria as outlined in the position description and the advertisement including:
- AHPRA registration as a midwife
Demonstrated commitment to delivering high-quality outcomes for consumers
- Demonstrated clinical knowledge and skills commensurate with experience
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Communicating well with and relating to consumers from a wide range of cultures and backgrounds
Documents required to be uploaded to recruit:
1. Resume including referees
2. Cover letter stating why you have chosen Peninsula Health
3. Academic transcript – upload to ‘other documents
4. 2 x recent clinical reports – upload to ‘other documents
If you experience any issues signing in or registering, please feel welcome to contact us – the People, Experience & Performance Team on (03) 9784 2700.
Peninsula Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We encourage applications from individuals from all cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We also provide a safe and supportive workplace for people with disabilities.
To find out more about our recruitment processes, and compliance obligations and to prepare your application to join our team please visit:
This role must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and meet the requirements of the Peninsula Health immunization policy.
Join Peninsula Health and help us to deliver safe, personal, effective & connected care to every person, every time. Selection Criteria Essential: Are you currently completing a Bachelor of Midwifery OR double degree Bachelor of Nursing & Midwifery OR Graduate Diploma of Midwifery?
Essential: Are you eligible for Registered Midwife or Registered Midwife/Nurse with current AHPRA registration in 2023 or 2024?