The Web Application Developer role is an integral part of the Disney Destinations International team supporting Walt Disney Travel Company International e-commerce platform and portfolio of marketing microsites.
We are looking for a talented C# developer to work closely with the development team to maintain and update the bespoke e-commerce platform, taking a proactive approach to evolving the back-end technology stack built on an ASP.NET framework.
You will advocate the integration of technologies and development methodologies to help drive the business forward and ensure a robust, scalable platform.
This role will require you to be onsite 4 days a week.
- Support back-end website development, providing technical knowledge to deliver complex solutions across full development life.
- Develop new features for a localised ASP.NET MVC 5 platform and contribute migrating features from legacy ASP e-commerce platform.
- Write maintainable, scalable, fault tolerant code, utilising SOLID principles and OO design and architectural patterns, TDD, etc.
- Proactively research and explore techniques to maintain position at the forefront of technology and enhance future business offerings.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Solid experience of SOAP WebServices and RESTful WebAPIs
- Competent in use of SQL Server and T-SQL queries
- Knowledge of CI and automated build services (e.g. GitLab, TeamCity, Cake etc.)
- Experience with unit testing frameworks (e.g. NUnit, MOQ, etc.)
- Practical understanding of HTML/JS/CSS and client-side technologies
- Good understanding of source code management with git
- Experience with issue tracking software (e.g. JIRA)
- Understanding of application/database bottlenecks and performance tuning
- Experience with the following is highly desirable:
- Bespoke ecommerce web applications
- .NET ORMs (e.g. Entity Framework)
- SDL Tridion (or similar enterprise CMS)
- IOC containers (Autofac, Ninject, etc)
- 25 days annual leave
- Private Medical Insurance & Dental Care
- Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Excellent parental and guardian leave
- Employee Resource Groups – WOMEN @ Disney, Disney DIVERSITY, Disney PRIDE, our new disability and neurodiversity focused group – ENABLED, and our Mental Health & Wellbeing Group – TRUST
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.