Full Job Description
Job Title: QA Functional Tester I
Department: Quality Assurance
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Hours: 40-60 Hours/week (Over-time pay rate 1.5x based on state and local regulations) This position does often require as many as 10-20 hours of overtime on a weekly basis. Also, you will be asked to work weekends and may have some weekdays off. In especially busy times a sixth work day may be required.
Benefits: You will have access to a variety of benefits including Medical Coverage, Health Savings Account, free and discounted games and more!
Your mission is to test pre-release AAA video games under the Activision umbrella. As a Game Tester you’ll verifying functionality, data content, performance, 1st Party (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo) compliance, usability/playability, and hardware/software compatibility. Not to mention, play some awesome games!
In the spirit of inclusion, we encourage all to apply!
- You are 18 years of age or older
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- You possess a real passion for gaming
- You understand the importance of confidentiality and discretion, and act with excellent judgment
- You have a great sense of humor and the ability to have fun while still managing responsibilities
- You are available to work overtime (nights and weekends often required)
- You are detail oriented with a strong work ethic
- You can learn and execute quickly and effectively.
- You excel in a team-oriented environment
- You have basic PC knowledge, familiarity with multiple gaming platforms and genres
- Experience troubleshooting PC and Console games a plus
- Quality Assurance testing experience a plus
- Understanding of the software test cycle process a plus
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
With nearly two decades on the books, the Quality Assurance studio in Minneapolis continues to be the cornerstone of end-to-end QA testing at Activision. The fast paced, dynamic testing environment provides a tremendous opportunity to learn and grow in the gaming industry. You will have unparalleled access to the greatest games on the planet.
QA Minneapolis works on some of the most successful game franchises, including: Call of Duty, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Skylanders, with Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, Spyro Reignited Trilogy and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice are among the recent product launches that we’ve assisted with.
We help ensure our games meet the highest quality standards to stay at the top of our industry. Our success is driven by teamwork, respect and inclusion. These principles are at our core; our innovation propels us into the future. We’re proud to be part of a company recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” for four consecutive years. We have earned a spot-on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies,” and “Future 50” lists. The 10,000+ global employees are some of the best and brightest talents across entertainment, media, and technology.