We are looking to fill the role of Artificial Intelligence (AI) Construction Manager. The ideal candidate should have a background in datacenter design, engineering, controls, and operational requirements and an emphasis on project/construction management, datacenter lease market experience, client representation, and project level services.
The DCD PM will be a relentless advocate for managing a safe worksite. The DCD PM will also collaborate with Microsoft Security, Microsoft IT, Legal, Project Engineering, MS Business Risk Management, and other internal groups to maintain the corporate vision and goals for the Project.
In addition, this position will be responsible for coordinating and reviewing vendor performance relative to cash flow and budget summaries and will clarify those reports in presentations to the delivery and executive chain. Other responsibilities include oversight and project controls, Project Expenditure Request, Professional Services Request, Change Orders, Pay Applications, etc. Additional tasks include MS partner engagement, as well as participation in communications plans, and community involvement with support from Data Center Operations (DCOPs), Real Estate Services, Data Center Services, and Corporate Communications teams.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
- Create and maintain best practices to identify and incorporate cost-effective solutions.
- Manage the selection, contracting, and integration of multiple vendors and internal partners.
- Drive deployment of solutions that can be socialized globally across Datacenter Development (DCD) projects.
- Facilitate decision-making to drive solutions, schedules, and manage change as required.
- Apply influence, strategies, and negotiation skills to identify options and recommend solutions.
- Regularly reviews cost and KPI metrics, invoices, process/policy communications to client partners.
- Provide project single point of contact for project development and delivery.
- Coordinate meetings and activities of vendors, cost managers, and integration of lessons learned.
- Attend scheduled owner/architect/contractor (OAC) and other project meetings, and report as necessary.
- Report Project Progress on scope, schedule, and budget weekly or as required.
- Provide weekly project status reporting to DCD standards.
- Responsible for developing, managing, and reporting on safety, scope, schedule, and budget.
- Direct fiscal responsibility for the approved project budget.
- Work independently in support of the DCD project.
- Provide Vendor oversight and performance management by walking the construction sites daily.
- Preparation of Request for Proposal (RFP’s) and other project approval tools & templates.
- Review and approval of vendor scope of work, and design review of site and building plans.
- Validate vendor pay-application and invoice review and approval.
- Manage compliance with prior audit results and recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Project Management, Architecture, Engineering, or related field AND 10+ years related experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- 10+ years experience in development of datacenter project construction with large-scale datacenters or datacenter lease providers.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years thereafter.
- Experience managing multiple large multi-faceted projects.
- Ability to independently manage deadlines and support staff.
- Ability to influence cross-discipline teams.
- Construction Health & Safety Knowledge.