As an Application Developer with OMES, you will enjoy:
- Generous leave including 15 days of vacation, 15 days of sick leave, and 11 paid holidays annually.
- A comprehensive
with a generousbenefit allowance
to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Full-time 40-hour work weeks.
- Supports EGID
This position is responsible for planning and development of automated applications systems to support the business needs of the organization. This includes review and analysis of user functions and activities, evaluation of available resources and current systems, and the development and testing of appropriate programs or systems. This position works with users, management and others to identify and define long- and short-range information systems requirements.
Position Responsibilities (*indicates essential function)
- Review and analyze organization’s business needs, confer with users to evaluate requirements, discuss solutions, and develop plans of approach, including project completion time estimates*
- Perform all aspects of systems design, including writing required programs, testing time evaluation of new processes, and implementation of new applications*
- Conduct or coordinate user acceptance, performance stress, regression and integration testing, and make changes and corrections as needed*
- Develop process/system design alternatives for major portions of systems under analysis*
- Design output formats and user formats as dictated by user specification and established procedure to ensure ease of use and functionality*
- Identify problems and develop appropriate solutions*
- Evaluate interrelationships in immediate programming area to determine how changes in one program will affect other applications*
- Produce deliverables related to the assigned projects, perform analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of systems and procedures to solve complex business problems*
- Prepare program documentation to support new or enhanced systems and applications
- Participate in structured walk-throughs and other activities to review systems, and provide training and support
- Perform ongoing maintenance and review of applications systems and programs
- Study feasibility of proposed software applications or system modifications by identifying potential requirements and system restrictions to guide project development
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or management information systems from an accredited college or university
- Vocational or technical education course resulting in certification in computer applications equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree
- Four years of computer applications experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Those identified in Levels I and II, plus:
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of application architecture, project management, best practices, advanced techniques related to investigation, troubleshooting and problem solutions, and emerging technologies/innovations
- Skills in verbal communication and presentation
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the workday. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Occasional travel may be required.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services provides excellent service, expert guidance and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on ‘Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma’.