MSC is a world leader in global container shipping. MSC Canada has been serving the Canadian market for over two decades, rapidly expanding our presence nationally to become the number one carrier.
Our values are the beating heart of our business. They are the cornerstone of our company, supporting our vision, shaping our culture and establishing our future direction.
We are looking for a development database administrator working in Microsoft SQL server to join the team to support our dynamic and growing number of applications. The role will have the opportunity to assist on a wide variety of areas, including database modeling and design, analyzing/optimizing of existing database objects, and supporting mission critical business applications. The role will work extensively with our application development teams and business intelligence teams to deliver high performing and highly reliable applications.
- Work with application developers and business users to design, architect and build new database schemas, and perform database structure and code reviews.
- Support all production systems including database maintenance, monitoring backups, query performance and DB release management.
- Optimize internal systems, stored procedures, scheduled jobs, reports, and MSSQL server databases.
- Support application issues through service now internal ticketing system.
All MSC Canada employees are expected to exhibit the MSC Values, striving to drive customer centric results in all interactions with colleagues and customers alike.
- Relevant Certificates, DEC or University degree in computer science.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience managing medium to large enterprise SQL Server database systems.
- Expert level knowledge of SQL Server features, functionality, and performance optimization techniques.
- Experience modelling data for a variety of business processes (from batch to adhoc reporting platforms).
- Strong experience with T-SQL, and creating and tuning Stored Procedures, Functions, SSIS Packages, etc.
- Coding experience in PowerShell or other scripting languages.
- Strong experience with reporting strategies and solutions such as SSRS and PowerBI.
- Understanding of cloud database implementations in Azure.
Great people who work hard and look out for each other because we’re a team—it’s that simple!
Just to name a few of our perks:
- Flexible health and dental benefits coverage (for all permanent full-time roles).
- RRSP coverage with the Company matching a portion of employee contribution (for all permanent full-time roles).
- Tailored training program opportunities for employee development.
- Employee mentorship, leadership, and assistance opportunities.
- Employee referral incentive program.
- Community Involvement.
- Gym facility.
- Health & Wellness Program.
Hurry, and apply now!
MSC Canada is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in MSC Canada however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.