At Origin we have a strong purpose and values that challenge us to find the answers to the big energy questions. Every person that works with us helps us reach that goal. If you bring good energy to Origin, you’ll get it in return. A challenging career. An exciting industry. And the support to grow and explore your potential.
This role is to provide engineering, project and technical support to the LPG team by ensuring all assets are installed, operated and maintained in accordance with agreed standards.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Support the operations by working as a close team to identify and execute the “right” projects to support optimum utilisation of available capital
- To ensure terminals and installations are constructed, maintained and operated in compliance with Origin and statutory requirements.
- Provide advice and guidance regarding the engineering & technical aspects of Operations activities
- Support, Plan and execute improvement projects to new and existing assets, ensuring they are fit-for-purpose and are completed on time and within budget.
- Assist maintenance personnel in the development and implementation of practical standards and procedures relating to the work performed.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key service providers associated with the design, engineering, construction and maintenance of new or existing facilities.
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering discipline capable of qualifying for RPEQ.
- Practical experience in Instrumentation and Controls Systems, and Hazardous Area electrical systems
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in an engineering environment in the power, gas or petroleum industry.
- The ability to manage projects successfully to meet objectives and can effectively plan and manage several projects running simultaneously.
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Self-motivated and results focused
- The ability to work co-operatively as part of a team
Origin – Where good change happens
At Origin, we’re powered by people who believe in creating collective change. We’re creating more diverse and inclusive workplaces for everyone because the more perspectives we have, in a place where everyone can belong, the better we can tackle our challenges together. We are united, yet unique.
We are committed to fostering a diverse, gender equitable workforce, where all applications are evaluated on merit and potential. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, people living with disabilities, culturally diverse people, any stage in life, people with intersex variations and people within LGBTQ+ communities, including trans, and gender diverse.
If you think you have transferable skills, an appetite to learn and would be a great fit, we’d love to hear from you.
A great team to join
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy. Today, we serve more than 4.2 million customers, are one of the most significant energy producers in the country and listed in the ASX Top 50 companies.
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.