Req ID: 419903
Leading societies to a low-carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as Industrial Quality Engineer in Ballarat, VIC. This is a permanent, full-time position.
- Prepare and update project quality process, plans and checklists per project requirement
- Lead problem solving (8Ds, NCR, Snag) between multiple departments and customer representatives
- Initiate NCR’s for Non-compliant Product and Processes and actively participate in the follow up and resolution
- Issue quality alert on non-complaint process, document or any activities having potential to compromise project quality and safety aspect
- Quality control plan, self inspection updation based on REX
- Manage Hold and Witness point schedule, inspections and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders
- Perform periodic process inspection to check adherence to the planned processes and methods
- Maintain project REX file and review the implementation of lesson learned
- Review and verify installation records such as history books, inspection plans, inspection records, as-builts and provide feedback to installation for action/rectification
- Ensure customer approval, documents validation & compliance of the manufactured products before shipping
- Participate in joint inspection of the product with internal as well as external stakeholders
- Support manufacturing teams activities and report to IQM on progress
- Manage quality documents
- Apply AZDP policy and follow site EHS rules and regularly liaise with site EHS teams
- Lead effort to continuously improve process and plans in place and implement Right First-Time approach
- Participate/Lead Corporate Initiatives and/or Special Projects/Assignments as required and/or directed
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Free gym membership
- Flexible working options
- Salary continuance insurance
- Bridging leave
- Bachelor’s in Electrical engineering (or equivalent through experience)
- 2 to 5 years of working experience
- Prior experience working in a rail environment
- Familiar with in-process inspections and quality procedures
- Ability to analyse and critique task and issues in order to come up with mitigation strategies
- Experience using MS office package, SharePoint
- Rigor, Communication and ability to lead
This is a rare opportunity join a true industry leader at an exciting time. If you believe you have the right skills and experience, please APPLY NOW.
An agile, inclusive, and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process please email: [email protected]
For internal applicants, please ensure you confirm your eligibility to apply with your Supervisor and relevant Human Resources representative prior to submitting an application.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing.
Job Segment: Developer, Sharepoint, Technology