The Assistant Project Manager (APM) will assist project managers on a variety of projects of varying complexity, and/or will manage some smaller and less complex projects on their own. This position will manage and act as a coordinator and project liaison to the client, subcontractors, vendors, and other stakeholders, throughout the project. The APM will maintain document control, manage databases and coordinate and track project activities and communications to ensure project goals are accomplished within the prescribed timeframe and budget parameters.
- Assist global practice and engineering disciplines with overall efforts for Design-only and/or EPC projects.
- Assist the Project Management team to administer request for proposal (RFP) package development, bid and selection process, and develop detailed scope of work documents for downstream contracts.
- Manage Contractors’ submittals, requests for information, supplemental design instructions, and site drawing logs.
- Verify Contractor compliance including: quality, safety, environmental, environmental and material management programs.
- Execute contracts including: change order management/ field change directives, approval of invoices, and management of schedules.
- Assist with project controls efforts, including project cost reporting, scheduling, project work breakdown structure establishment, project set-up and closeout within the accounting system, and field progress tracking.
- Assist with the development of internal and external reports including, project budgeting, cost reports, project cash flow forecast, and project status reports to all stakeholders.
- Participate in internal and external project risk reviews and consult with Legal Department as required.
- Close out contract and project documentation.
- Adhere to Burns & McDonnell’s safety programs, trainings, and policies, as well as promote and manage the Safety & Health performance of project team members and subcontractors.
- Complies with all policies and standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related degree from accredited program and 5 years of applicable experience required.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, demanding work environment, ability to work overtime on short notice.
- High proficiency using Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others (Owner’s, Contractors, Project Managers, Engineers and Designers) in a multi-discipline project team environment to resolve design or drawing issues as appropriate and to accomplish objectives.
- Experience Primavera Contract Manager or similar change management software is preferred.
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 232460
Job Hire Type Experienced